Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Flat Thoracic Vertebrae??? Help!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Ever since I can remember, I have had a flat spot in the upper-middle region of my spine (about where the thoracic region begins). It looks and feels as if one or two of my thoracic vertebrae are missing. You can see/feel the rest of my spine perfectly fine and then there's an obvious flat spot. It's never been associated with any pain or anything until recently; for the past month or so, I've had bruise-like pain on and around the flat area. It only hurts when I stand or sit straight up or if I'm laying on my stomach and attempt to roll over or get up. I don't know if the flat area is the cause of this pain seeing as I'm 20 and this is the first time it's ever been in pain, but what I am really concerned about is why do I have a flat spot? Does anyone else have this or know anything about it? Your help is appreciated.

• Hi and welcome to Spine Health. Sorry you are having problems at such a young age. Have you seen a Dr. or had an MRI? Why do you think you are missing vertebrae? Please give us a little more info. and background. Thoracic spine problems can be somewhat tricky. Take care.

• I have a dimple in my lumbar spine, which I have had for many years.
    When I was having an examination of my spine, because of pain, the dimple raised suspicion, and an x-ray proved this correct when a spondylolisthesis was found.
    This means that one of my vertebra has slipped forward, so my spine is out of alignment.
    I think this would be very unusual in your thoracic spine. You should get it checked out.