Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

oldpop: hello

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in New Member Introductions
hello. it's actually been a few years since i've checked this message board, mainly because i've been lucky and healthy and busy with my 5 year old (just started kindergarten). it's been so long that my old username and password was not recognized.

anyway, i just thought i'd check to see if any of the "old-timers" might still be around.

if not, i hope it's because they've been lucky too.

my case wasn't very serious: ddd; went to PT (he wasn't very good); afterwards, just did stretches and tried to be more active than i had been. lost a little weight (only about 5 pounds) but every little bit helps.

thankfully, i'm always aware that i'm just one step away from hurting my back again. most days are good but there are times when i can feel that feeling in my back and i kinda panic inside. i take it easy and make sure that i don't go over the edge again.

i've hurt my back maybe 3 times in the past and each time required about a week of just laying on my back.

right now, my back is okay but i did something and i've got a pinched nerve. a weird feeling runs from my left should down to my left elbow. sometimes it's just a nuisance but other times it's quite painful.

i asked my PT for something to read so that i can help take care of my own back and he recommended Robin McKenzie; i see that some others have mentioned his name.

i do think the exercises help though i'm very careful not to push too hard.

anyway, just wanted to say hello to anyone who might recognize this old username and how glad i am that this site is still up and very active.

take care everyone.

• Welcome back. Did you ever have surgery or have you been lucky enough to take care of you back with conservative measures?

My story started a year and a half ago with cervical problems and I'm now battling lumbar issues.

I've also heard others mention the McKenzie method and some swear by it. I'd try it if I thought it would help, but I'm beyond that at this point.

Anyway, welcome back to the forums. Since it's been so long since you've been here, there's a lot of stuff to keep you busy.

Take care,
  • i've been very lucky: surgery is the last thing i'd want to have happen and it has never gotten that bad. with a little rest and PT, i was able to pull through and things are generally good now.

i'm sorry to hear about the lumbar issues; i hope things are moving in a positive direction?

yes, it's been a long time but you know what hasn't changed? the goodwill that i sense in all of the posts here is true now as it was a few years ago.

of course, being in pain has made us members of a club and we know what it's like to feel helpless; i'm so thankful that this message board is still filled with people willing to help one another.

best wishes for a pain-free day ;-)
  • Spine Health moved about 1 1/2 years ago so that is probably why your old username is no longer active.

I am so glad to hear that you have been able to control your pain with conservative measures. It really does seem as if any back surgery does not turn out good in the long run for most.

Good luck for continued success and I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • hi and welcome back to the forum! :H we are still here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. stop by anytime you feel like it. you might still find old friends here. :D i hope you are feeling better soon. =D> Jenny :)
  • oh, so that explains it. you know, years ago, i emailed the webmaster and told him very politely that whatever software program they were using for their message board was pretty bad; don't know if you guys were here then; i mean, it was really hard to figure out who posted a new message, etc. at the time, i gave him a link to a message board that was set up like this one but nothing ever came of it; now, i'm happy to see this format cuz it's really organized and much easier to keep track of a thread.

and thanks ;-) you sure know how to make a guy feel welcome!