Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

myofascial pain

Dear anybody,
Hi. I am a 49 year old woman, who has DDD confirmed at cervical and lumbar levels. Most likely in thoracic as well. I am disabled since 2006, worked since 14, am a veteran, and was primarily in the healthcare field as a lab tech and pharmacy tech. My question concerns major muscle issues all over. Trigger point pain and many areas that hurt when touched. Constant aching in many muscle areas and muscle tightness that is like a spasm and the muscles have hard knotted spots. Take baclofen and been given mild pain meds like percocet 5/325 and tylenol 4 which almost do nothing. Dr. wont give me enough to take around the clock to see if it helps, I also get itching sensations with all narcotics. I can't take NSAIDs either, due to stomach issues. Have had 1 spinal injection, did nothing, steroid in hip same thing. I am presently having a hard time with my right hip and groin into the thigh and to my knee on the inside of the leg. I have buttocks pain on that side also. Who treats this syndrome? If there is treatment, what is it? I hurt every day and I get so depressed. We have a 6 year old, who was Gods little surprise. If I didn't have her I wouldn't want to get up everyday. Any advise is appreciated I see an ortho doc in January for pain management. I'll have to list all my ailments, but not today. All related primarily to DDD and CTS. Thanks. Chris A.

• Hi Chris,

There are some massage therapists and Physio therapists who do Myofascial release therapy. They may be hard to find though because it's not well known.

I have Fibromyalgia as well as herniated discs and have had some of these treatments. They did not cure me, but they did help me feel a bit better. My pain was lessened somewhat. Some people apparently find they feel a lot better, but I think I've had Fibro for so many years (about 20) and the herniated discs for about 3 so it would take more treatments to help me. I ran out of insurance coverage for Physio, so I wasn't able to continue, but I think I will probably go back when I get coverage again.

Not sure if this helps at all! Sorry I can't be more specific about where you could find help. Maybe you'd be able to find something on-line.

Take care, {{{hugs}}}