Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I think I'm going crazy(ier)

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:39 AM in Depression and Coping
First let me say I'm sorry for the rant/pity party. If you don't want to hear my complaints/whines just skip this one. If you feel the need to blow off steam too, join in please...then I won't feel so stupid maybe.
Ok. I have neck/head/arm/hand/lower back/butt/leg pain. I also have foot pain that I've dealt with for a long time. I've had two surgeries on my left foot and need something for my right which has always been my 'good' foot. If you've read my other post I'm having trouble with pressure in my head that feels like it could blow up at any time and would make a mess but probably feel better. It's a rainy day here today and turning cold so my good foot hurts so bad I can hardly walk, my knee hurts, my knuckles and fingers are aching. I try my best to keep it to myself I swear I do. My husband is off today and he has a virus or something so I made him go to bed, covered him up and tucked him in. He didn't ask how I feel, I didn't tell him. I know it's not his problem. It seems like everyday it's something with me. I work as hard as I can and do more than I should sometimes but still everyday it seems like something new hurts and I'll start saying oh sh*! or something. I've never cursed other than that word but lately I've been on the verge of saying some big ones and that's just not me. It's this frustration that's driving me mad!! I'm sick of myself!!! I don't know why I'm writing this and I'm sorry it doesn't make any sense. I just thought if I let it out here it'd somehow help. I'm ashamed of myself for feeling like this when there are so many worse off than me. I'm actually pretty healthy and am able to do all I need to do and more. I pay for the things I do but I feel better knowing I try. If I wasn't able to get up and around I'd have more of a reason to feel like this. I am thankful for my family and our health. My family or myself have no life-threatening illnesses that I know of and that's the main thing..I know all this. What's the point of this post? I honestly don't know. Thanks for taking the time to read it. I appreciate all of you here.
Debbie
advertisement

Comments

• Please don't apologize for venting to us - that's why we're here. And sometimes it helps just to type it out and press that "Post" button.

You're in a bad situation because you can't get to a spine doctor and that in itself is frustrating. Then throw in some bad weather causing more pain, not getting a "Poor baby" when you need it and having to do all the work around the house, well, it's no wonder that you need to vent.

I truly believe that if you could get yourself to the right doctor and start doing at least something to try and get to the bottom of your pain, your frustration would lessen and you'd feel at least a little better.

It's a well-known spiney rule that you are absolutely NOT to compare yourself to others here. Some have worse issues, some don't, but the only thing that matters is that your pain is very real and doesn't need comparison.

I wish there were some way I could help you, but I can't. All I can do is send you a big gentle cyber hug and tell you that I'm thinking about you and wishing you a better day tomorrow.

Take care, my friend.
    Cath
  • If you think you are going Crazy, chances are pretty darned high you are NOT going crazy...

When you go crazy, for the most part you don't realize it, others will point it out.

Trust me, don't ask me how I know though =))

This is the place for venting, I have been sitting in my office totally avoiding doing anything I should be doing all day. I'm so d**ned tired of this place and waiting on Doctors and Human Resources now, plus it is raining and my back hurts, so I just don't care...

Hope we all feel better soon 8}
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    It helps to know others really understand. I hope that you're having a good day.

Thanks for caring my friend.

Debbie
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry you've had a rough day too. I hope that you feel better real soon. I know you're getting more frustrated all the time. I really feel for you.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Hope we all do.

Debbie
  • Sunny, I totally understand. I've been losing my mind lately too. My husband has called me 'crazy' a number of times lately and it just makes me cry more & harder. I think in time our craziness will go away, we just have to figure out the best way to deal with it. I haven't figured it out yet... so here I am venting with you : ) This probably makes no sense too!
  • Debbie,

We all have been where you are (at least I think so).
    I don't think anyone "gets it" until they have to deal with the daily pain, possible isolation, frustration etc, etc.

We all go through rough patches, some last longer than others, but this is a good place to come when you need some support. I don't think you are going crazy at all, you are just reacting to your situation like most would.

Also, just a suggestion, but maybe slow down a little and give your body some rest. Take care
advertisement