Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Something weird any idea?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Lower Back Pain

I thought I had a slipped disc or something similar around the base of the lower back centered on the spine -
it would stick out like 2 inches, then go away with what I thought was posture...

It would shoot pain down the left leg, and to the point I couldn't bend over, however it would then go away - after going away I thought I had "stress" knots in other areas of the back, however now that it had returned to the similar area of L1 or L2, it was there a few days ago -

Now it's gone totally not a trace, and it's moved up the spine almost where the spine is between the shoulder blades.
The doctor didn't say much just ordered an x-ray.
Around the same time this started to happen a few months ago the lymph nodes were swollen and draining...initially.

It's not a cyst, I can tell that because it did mimic a slipped disc before in the ability to move and bend over.
However it's totally gone now a few days later and moved way up the spine with no trace of where it had just been and you could feel like a "bone" hard structure where it is, leading the current doctor to think it is a disc, however now I could try my best to pop out the original location and no gives, like it never existed there.

Has anyone heard of something like this?

• I should note as well around the time the lymph nodes were swollen and draining, I went to see a pharmacist and she upon inspection thought I had something similar to a tick bite on my foot.

Would you keep this seperate or perhaps could the spinal problem be a bacterial infection of some sort???

I'm just brainstorming because it does not make sense...the doctor was very evasive in answering anything.

The only thing he said about the lymph nodes is asked if I smoked...I wasn't aware smoking could cause them to bead up to the size of your pinky tip and drain...I thought bacterial infections did that???
  • no idea what might be going on but I had to post in order to say that it is really sickening the way that some docs want to throw every ailment into 1 bunch and blame it on smoking.

We all agree that smoking is far from a healthy habit but it really burns me up when anything unexplained is attributed to smoking.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • I've had a similar lump and my Dr. said it was a lipoma(benign fat lump) and anyone even if thin can get one. It slowly dissolves within the body. I also had one under my ribs in front also. I'm not saying that's what yours is but just speaking from my experience. With my back injury there's inflammation in my lower back and think it could even be a muscle spasm. Best to get a second opinion Doctor if you're concerned about it. I certainly was each time. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.