Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Don't know what is going on

Summer175SSummer175 Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone,
My first time to post. I'll try to keep my story brief.
I'm 44, female and started to feel lower back pain, tailbone
pain and stiffness and right leg pain that radiated down my leg and numbness in foot, in late summer. Just had first xray,something wrong at L5, S1, waiting for MRI to be scheduled.Xray showed arthritis and can't remember the other medical term, PA called it a califlower.
I just feel afraid of what might be wrong. I have almost constant tingling down my outer right thigh and it also seems impossible to sit because of the discomfort at my tailbone area. Now having problems sleeping because of the burning and throbing in my leg and am taking low dose of Flexeril. I like reading all your posts, I relate to the issues here especially when my son tells me I'm making up
an illness. (He's a teenager). Thanks to all and wish everyone good health and happiness.

• I have arthritis of the facet joints and the pain in the tailbone. It is extremely hard for me to sit more than a few minutes.

One thing that has helped a little is a doughtnut pillow. People use them that have hemmorhoids (sp)? It is round with a hole in the middle and you can get one at any home health store.

Try not to be too tense about what may be in store for you as tension increases pain.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by. teenagers are funny creatures, thank goodness you know yourself, pain is real!! i am sorry you are having problems with your leg. :( good luck as you seek pain relief! Jenny :)