Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

12 Days of Christmas

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Lighten and Brighten
I dont want to make this a religious item... but I was in the car and listening to some real funny songs about the 12 days.
I would love to hear from anyone the best twelve days you can come up with.

One of mine, doesnt matter which day, is Hanging the dang lights on the Christmas tree. We have one of those pre-installed lights. But its about 4 years old and I am waiting for the bulbs to burn out.

In the past we used to go for real Christmas tress. What started out with joy, normally ended up with chaos. One person wanted this tree, the other another tree, etc.
And then when we brought it home, it didnt fit, so cutting it up a bit and then bringing in this sapping tree just didnt fit the bill. But having all the family around, hot chocolate, cookies, cordials and more made it a festive day

What are the movies you look towards during this seaons???

- Christmas Story
- Christmas Vacation
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Bad,Bad Santa with Billy Bob brings tears to my eye's every time I watch it. =))
  • 'I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas' - makes me cry every time I watch it!
  • My all time favorite is "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart...old one but the best.

• With Chevy Chase and the cat that chews through the cord for the tree lights.
  • Cynthia said:
    My all time favorite is "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart...old one but the best.

Me to! I used to watch it every year, end to end, drove my wife nuts. Then the kids got older and they chimed in too.

Hmmmm, one is living in his own place, the other has his own HDTV, maybe I can watch it this year!

I just bought
    Caprica and The Plan, should both be good Christmas movies :D
  • haglandc said:
    With Chevy Chase and the cat that chews through the cord for the tree lights.
    Bad thoughts, but kind of wish our cat would do that sometimes! We ended up with THREE litter boxes side by side by side. She needs a "clean" litterbox or she goes on the floor! I takes three to keep her "happy", I'll give her happy O:) Wheres that extension cord? :O
  • My kids and I can repeat all the funny lines from Elf. You have to be in the "stupid" mode to watch it, but it's hilarious. But the overall story is sweet and how believing in Santa and Christmas, powers his sleigh and all. I also love the Zoey girl that plays a worker at the store, wow, can she sing. I've been meaning to check to see if she has a real CD out or anything. She's got that classic rich sound.

Our other favorite is How the Grinch stole Christmas, all the versions.

It's nice to think of something else besides our health problems. Thanks PapaRon
  • was on last night, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. It's not Christmas if I don't watch it lol. Hubby and I just chopped down our Christmas tree. Smells so nice. Seems strange though that it is 60 degrees outside up here in Maine today. I'll be thinking of my version of the 12 days......

Happy Holidays to all,

• OK all, fasten your seatbelts!

My husband-to-be gave me a lovely diamond pendant. However, before that lovely moment, my Mother-in-Law(MIL) made his life a living hell. This was the first time she had to change things up because now he was engaged and had "another family" to visit with.

The phone calls were numerous and stressful. The control freak that she is, she needed to have him where she wanted him to be and when. The most ridiculous part was when he was going to fit in a visit to Grandma, who was completely senile and had no clue if he was there or not.

By the time Christmas Eve was here he was so beside himself he stayed in bed for a few hours to escape.
    Right there I should have realized what I was in for, but I try to look at the glass 1/2 full.

Fast forward one day to Christmas with all of his side of the family. I has painstakingly hand crocheted afghans for my MIL, her 2 sisters, Grandma
    and my SIL. Yes, 5 hand made large blankets. I was appalled that my MIL made a comment to the affect that I am some kind of idiot for doing such. I don't recall getting a "thank you" from anyone except my SIL (who is "normal").

Oh, here's the kicker, my MIL says that I should have made her mother (Grandma, who I met once) a shawl instead of a blanket, "that would have been a much better gift"!

So, I know I am going on and on, but this is cathartic to me. Here's my presents recieved: from my future MIL: slipper socks; from one Aunt: hideous candle set, from another Aunt: a pin that I wouldn't give to a senile 100 year old woman to wear. The other present was dish towels and oven mitts that were obviously from the Dollar store.

Oh yeah, the newest "trend" in gifts from my in-laws is that they go to Atlantic City, and with their "comp dollars", not their own money, they buy us crap, wrap it up, and there you go.

I write this with a complete sense of humor now, hubby and I have been together 12 years, but it took a while to really get the picture, since my family is SO different with gift giving.

Happy holidays everyone!!
  • I think you must have married the brother that my mom kept!....

My mom does or did all that kind of crap. She gives me sock for christmas, crap we would not use if we were over 12 or under 80. I suspect a large pack of depends this year <:P

She does not call, but rather makes comments like "well you are all so busy I figure you will call me when you want to come to dinner' WTF? I have to invite myself to my mom's for food? I beg your pardon!

Now, she does not call at all, ever, I call when I feel the guilt of, "well she will die some day, so I should visit".

The perfect American family :D

Just cause they are "family" don't mean we have to like them...
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    1 - Christmas Vacation: As "C", when the cat chewed the cord in Christmas Vacation....
    2 - Christmas Vacation: When the squirrel jumped out of the tree into the house
    3 - Christmas Story: When he gets hit with a richocet from his Red Ryder BB gun
    4 - Christmas Story: After the dog ate the Turkey, the family went to a Chinese Restaurant for Christmas dinner.... Loved the way they sang Merry Christmas

I did say three things, oh well, I could never count that well
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com