Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello to all my spiney friends :)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in New Member Introductions
I just turned 21 and have been suffering from back pain for the last 6 months. I have turned to this site for information about my condition. I never though back pain was a big deal until I visited this website for some kind of help. I wish I learned about the potental problems back pain could lead to in grade school! I injured myself on the job and made an appointment the following week to chiropractor about my problem. He made me think that the pain i was experiencing was no big deal and he kept assuring me that it would get better (he never took xrays either!). He told me that I could go back to doing my normal work activities as long as when I lift something I have a straight back. I work a construction job and I just kept getting worse for the next 2 months. The pain was grueling! After about 15 visits I knew something was very wrong. I final seen an MD and he prescribed me vicodin (which im pretty much immune to now). I had my mri and I was shocked that I was this messed up. Now im seeing another chiropractor that has turned me complety around and im starting to have hope again. He specializes in spinal decompression, and the petibon system which i think every chiropractor should use. My sessions last about an 1 1/2 hours and I feel great. The only problems I have now are increased pressure around disks after standing more that 10 mins, and when I sit down for more than one hour my tail bone feels like its going to snap off (im guessing this is because of the facet arotheses?) If both of these symptoms do not go away Ill probably get the accurascope procedure or an adult stem cell injection to fix the problem.

My Mri findings-
L3-4: Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

L4-5: Mild desiccation and disc bulge. Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

L5-S1: Mild disc space narrowing and desiccation with a left central disc extrusion which extends dorsally up to 4mm. There is mild retrolisthesis of L5 on S1 of 2mm. There is mild ventral indentation on the dural sac and left S1 nerve root. There is no foraminal narrowing. Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry i cannot help you with a diagnosis but you would be well served to see your doctor. i would reccommend someone other than a chiropractor but that is my personal opinion. :D good luck with whatever your next move is. :D Jenny :)
  • I hope the spinal decompression works for you but it's unusual that you're not being referred to an Orthopedic Surgeon or Neurosurgeon for your condition for a consult. You probably have seen one since you know about the stem cell injection. If you do get that let me know how that works. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am so sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with your back.

You are correct in that the standing pain and pain in tailbone comes from arthritis of the facet joints.

I also have these issues and the best relief that I have found to date is rhizotomy's (nerve burn).

Good luck to you and please keep us posted.