Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doctor recommendations in NYC

painfuldyappainfuldya Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Does anyone have anyone they can recommend in New York City area? I have three herniated discs, and I seem to have nothing but bad luck with doctor choices. I've seen a couple of people so far but can't seem to find the right one. If you have someone and you had a good experience, or you know someone who had a good experience please send me a private message, I would really appreciate it. Preferably a neurosurgeon, but ortho is okay as well. I didn't realize until I started using this site that you have to get a lot of opinions before you find the right person-with other medical situations I just went to one, maybe two people max and did what they said, but this is a whole other ball game.

• Well, I live in California, so I don't know any doctors in NYC. But there are some things you can do regardless where you are :

Do an internet search or library search (medical library is ideal) about area doctors who are board certified in spinal surgery;

Ask around, (you'd be surprised how many people had back problems or back surgeries) for personal recommendations;

If you know any good doctors (any speciality) your family doctor included, ask them who would they see if they had similar problems as yours?

It takes time, but you may find somebody good eventually.

good luck with your search,

• I found my doctor by posting a question on Yelp, actually. I know that there is a Yelp for NY, so that may be a good place to start if you don't know anyone who can give you a referral. I got lots of helpful responses.
  • Did I give you some suggestions previously? It seems like I did, but I can't find anything. I know we talked about fellowship training, etc.