Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need cervical fusion??

rdtrrdt Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

i have been to 4 neurosurgeons and received 4 different opinions on what, if anything should be done!!!!!!doesn;t give me a great deal of comfort.

if you are allowed to recommend docs, can anyone recommend some (neuro or ortho) for cervical surgery in NY or Ma??

• If you have been to 4 different neurosurgeons already, what is another going to do for you other than add to your confusion? Are you shopping for one that will tell you what you want to hear or not hear? If you get more opinions, then how do you decide which to go with and which to throw out? Pretty soon you will have yourself so confused you won't know what to think. Do you have a good GP doc that you can consult with to help keep things in perspective?

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    It's not surprising that they gave you differing opinions. That is to be expected as they all have a slightly different approach to their work. Is there any commonality in their recommendations? And if you were to get one more opinion I'd recommend a Orthopedic Spine Surgeon (one that only does Spine work). I have had luck with the 3 OSS I have used (one in IL and 2 here in AZ)
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos