Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

went to the dr today

sadielynnssadielynn Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Chronic Pain
at my dr appt today, he went over the results of my pelvic xray, it was normal, a little arthritis, but otherwise fine, he said without a bone scan he cant really give me an answer as to why i have all this pain in my lower back and down my left leg. this has been going on for a year and a half now, my leg has a blotchy red look to it too, that really concerns me, he did mention i could have complex regional pain syndrome. i would like to have the bone scan done but cant afford it right now, i think maybe that could give us some answers. anyone here ever had a bone scan done, maybe you could give me an idea how much it is, and what the procedure is like. thanks

• I know many communities will run clinics for the promotion of womens health, during which the scans are done cheaper. Don't know how big of a community you live in, but it might be something to look in to.

What other symptoms are you having along with the pelvic, LB, leg pain and blotchy red skin? Any skin sensation changes? Is the red leg a different temperature? If you type CRPS or RSD into your search engine, you will find a lot of info on CRPS.

I wish I could help you with more useful information. Please let me know what you find out.

• a bone scan is really not a complex ordeal like it sounds liek.. it just takes a long time. the inject you with a substance then take a before x ray.. then 3 hours later they take another when the the substance binds to your bones and they clot up showing a deformity.. no pain its just boring.. the substance also wears off and is excreted when you go to the bathroom. hope this helps and good luck with everything!
  • also i failed to add that i think it was around 1000 :/
  • thank you for your comments and help. my leg that has the red blocthy look, it goes away when i get in a hot tub of water, i dont feel any sensation change in that leg, its the same as the other one, i do get a little bit of muscle spasms though, not all the time. it sure is painful, i do get some relief when i lay flat on my back, i cant lay on my right side at all without alot of pain. when i bend down to pick something up, i cant hardly get back up. i have no pain when i first get up in the morning, but about an hour or so it comes on, and it there the rest of the day.
This discussion has been closed.