Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI done wrong again

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I need to vent so here goes.

Back in AUgust I had an MRI of my neck. Radiologist saw a herniation at t1/t2 and suggested another MRI at that specific level. I went to the same office and they did the thoracic ignorning his report, the prescription and what I told them. They did a third MRI for free because they admitted they messed up.

Two weeks ago I went to 2 surgeons. The second one wanted a new MRI, CT and xrays. Her prescriptions said cervical MRI concentrating on t1/t2. Well after stupid waiting for two weeks I picked up the MRI last night. It says everything is fine -- they STOPPED at T1!!!!

The surgeon who ordered it had her office call and say that it was fine - I was dismissed ty very much. Now today I have to call her office and the MRI place to fight about this one. TO make it worse I have an appointment with the first surgeon tomorrow morning to go over the results which are now useless. Took a week to get that appointment.

Has anyone else had this problem with tests? I know this is a borderline area and she probably should have ordered a thoracic not a cervical but many of my symptoms sound like they should come from the cervical area.

GRRR I am really not looking forward to the phone calls today. And then who is paying for the new tests and my time? I am going to try to force them to redo the tests this afternoon and read them immediately so I have them for the appointment tomorrow.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    But I am surprised at how the MRIs were taken.
    I know that the technicians are only going to do what the doctor puts in the script no matter what we try to tell them.
    When I had MRIs of my thoracic area they were done in two groups.
    - Lower Cervical - Upper Thoracic (T1-T5ish)
    - Lower Thoracic (T5-T12)
    I didnt think they could cut off the MRI image between T1 and T2, they most have included a good portion of the cervical area then.
    Even with my C5/C6/C7 problems, I can see T1 and maybe a tiny piece of T2 in my MRIs

Bottom line, you have to explain more and more to the doctor, reschedule time for another appointment, etc..
    Hopefully they will be understanding and make it to your convenience and this time the script will have no doubts
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Kris,

Sorry this happened to you. I would worry about getting the test run correctly then worry about who is going to pay for it. If you use the same imaging center you can always prove what the script said and force the payment that way. I hope you get this all taken care of today without any troubles and are able to follow-up with the surgeon tomorrow. Let us know how it all works out.
  • Ron you are right. WHen I think about it she should have ordered a thoracic not a cervical but I think she was thinking that my pain seemed more like a cervical problem. But she did put on the script to do t1/t2.

Now for the good part. I got the office manager at the dianostic place. SHe said she would have the radiologist look at it again. In the mean time I called the doctors office. I said it was like coming in with a broken leg and being told my arm is fine!! The doctor was on the phone in about 2 minutes. SHe tells me that she was at the diagnostic center that morning and that t1/t2 was on the film. Claims she still doesn't see enough to operate but won't say what she saw. THen the office manager calls back and says basically the same thing and that they are issuing an addendum to the report.

Me thinks something is rotten in Denmark!! WHy is the doctor about 10 miles away from her office at a diagnostic center looking at my films when she doesn't even know that there was a problem? Remember I hadn't spoken to her office yet. There is no reason that the diagnostic center would call the doctor. My suspicion is that she is an owner or maybe married to the owner of the diagnostic center. She only uses this place and when I was there for the tests they were joking that I was on the doctor's train - getting mri, ct and xrays.

I am going to the other surgeon tomorrow morning. I have the cd with all of the films and can't wait to hear what he has to say.

Oh and to make the day even better I called the neurologists office to make an appointment since it seemed like surgery was out. They tell me that no-fault cut me off. I told her no way and she insisted. When I called the insurance they said the doctor had never submitted any claims let alone spoken to anyone. I've been seeing him since August. How could they not have submitted claims by now? I think it's time for a new neuro.

• I don't know is my bad luck rubbing off on you or what? I hope that they get it right soon!!! That totally rediculous,what a waste of time.I would be thoroughly P***** Off.
  • tammyc said:
    I would be thoroughly P***** Off.
    Ditto :O)