Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pick an Arm

deloriearddeloriear Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
For the past 2 years I have had pain and tingling down my left arm. Sort of got used to it. Now, the pain is radiating down my right arm, and I can feel pain on my actual lower neck. I have DDD. Do you think this is progression of the DDD or something else may be wrong. My NS seems agitated when patients go there "unecesarily". I just wanted to get some thoughts before I made any appointments. I'm one of those people who are in pain and the NS says...Your MRI shows its in beginning stages so it shouldn't be that bad. Well, what it should be and what it is are different in my case. But, as usual I'm sure I'll get the routine suggestion of PT, which hurts me when they do it, or surgery. I guess I am putting off surgery b/c so many Dr's I talk to tell me to do whatever I possibly can before deciding on Spinal surgery. Any thoughts?
advertisement

Comments

• Same thing happened to me. I had severe loss of strentgh in my left arm and shoulder. Went to a nurologist who ran a emg. He said it was early stenosis and that it wouldn't get any worse. Well, it did. I went to my primary care doc and when she saw the degree of atrophy, she sent me to a NS. He ran cervical mylogram. My spinal cord was over half way compressed. Had a cervical corpectomy 8 weeks ago. Prognosis is good for regaining strength. I would seek second opinion. Get it addressed early.
    Good luck.