Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I need to address some things.

hisbeauty4asheshhisbeauty4ashes Posts: 182
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi friends,

It has been awhile since I have been on this site.I need to share what happened to me.

I was recently on another forum because I had another situation going on that this forum does not address to my knowledge. One of the members on this site found me on that site and spoke harshly against me. The scary part was that he or she knew everything that was wrong with me.This person made a comment after naming all my symptoms and surgeries that I had in the past then said to me, don't you have better things to do then go to all the forums on the computer and lie about my symptoms.

I want to tell whom ever that was," that you spoke out of complete arrogance and ignorance."

I want to warn others on this site there is a person on this site who has nothing better to do then memorize your symptoms and fallow you to other sites where you will try and find help for another problem, who will speak harshly against you."I think this is wrong/cruel and way out of line."

To inform all of you I have had 12 surgeries.I have rods in other places besides my back and neck. My feet have artificial joints as well. I have been having problems with them lately.

So I needed to address this so others would be aware of what is happening on this site through someone on this site. I hope this person can and will be exposed soon.

Thanks for listening

• I cannot believe someone could be so petty... so childish... so snotty.. so... infantile!

Obviously, this other person is jealous of the attention you were likely receiving on the other site/forum.

I can't believe we actually have grown people.. GROWN UPS to act this way!

So sorry that happened!
  • Thanks yeah it is very childish on their part. I tell you when you are going through so much and to have someone doing those kinds of things to you they are so heartless.I just hope this person grows up and stops doing this kind of things and does not do this to other people.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    that tend to speak harshly against other people regardless of what online forum you belong to.
    I could not even begin to tell you some of the hate mail I received from other forum sites because I am with Spine-Health.
    Bottom line, as Jeaux said, there are children out there and they will behave like children. When we identify those and know that they broke some rules, then they will be treated like children and not like adults.
    I hope you stay here is a good one. So many things have been enhanced and improved on Spine-Health just in the past two years or so.
    Our best is with you.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Oh one more thing I feel is important which is what I learned in all of this, "never use the same forum name on any other site cause there are creeps out there that having nothing more to do then to harass you."
  • dilauro

This just happened over a week ago.Crazy.
  • Apparently the person who did this to you had nothing better to do than to cruise forums playing bully. What goes around comes around, as they say.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • thats disgusting behaviour, i hope the person is found, they dont deserve to be here on this site if they act like that.

i hope you dont take it to heart and stop coming here x
  • So sorry this happened to you!

I had it happen to me on another site which I left and began my stay here on this forum which is SSSOOOOO much better! More friendly people here with compassion, not ignorance, arrogance or disrespect!

I had a disabled RN follow me around message boards on that other site, and all she kept doing was disrespecting me and replying to me as if she was an MD. I replied to her in a nice way and asked her to stop replying to me in that manner but unfortunately, the web administrator deleted the message B4 it was posted, so I left for good after that. Her behavior is still the same now, as I "peek in" occassionally to see, and it angers me that the administrators are enabling people like that to harrass other's. It needs addressed.

Was wondering, do you remember the screen name they used here and/or on the other sites you have been visiting? That would give us all a "heads up" if they reply to anyone here. Hopefully, they will respond to one of the administrators/moderators and get booted for their childish behavior.

Please reply if you can and please don't leave this forum forever. It really is pleasant here and so are all of the people I've dealt with so far.

Great idea for everyone....DON'T use the same screen name on other health sites! We can eliminate this behavior!

• No I was on a site about my artificial joint in my right foot you did not have to be a member on the site to reply to posts. I was not aware of that when this person responded.So this person did not sign up to respond he or she responded because they were cowards and not a member.I was angry and wrote the head person of the site and told them what had happened and I wanted to delete myself off the site because we as members were not protected. I know the person is on this site because this site has all my spinal and neck info, that is why I knew He or she is from this site.

So I wanted to give you all a heads up if this happens to you so that we can expose this person.So be careful and make sure you use a different user name.

Take care Merry Christmas.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    I have been online for more years than I wish to admit to. I have always used my last name as a member name.
    I am probably registered in over 50 different internet sites, about 15 being forum related using the same name.

Never had a problem, basically because one site I was on really had nothing to do with another site.
    (ie Hot Tubs to Programming to Spinal Problems)
    Really not much in common there, so people dont tend to move from one to another.

The times I have seen people bothered from site to site is when, the lack of a better term, a Internet Stalker is present. For whatever reason they what to follow you around, cause some havoc, etc.

Always be aware, that Internet crimes and stalkers are taken very serious. On one site, we had a member who not only stalked through the forums, but through our private emails. Police can be brought in on these matters and when its interstate, the FBI will get involved. Once that starts to happen, its amazing how those stalkers stop being children and grow up. They will never be adults, but at least they are no longer children trying to act like bullies
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • If this person logs onto SH and starts harassing Hisbeauty4ashes, will she be automatically banned? Is it best that everyone knows who this is so that any of us could notify the mods in case of any trouble? I don't like this at all and nobody should have to deal with this type of bullying.

• Please don't let this upset you so much - it's not that I'm making light of it but it sounds like you have more than your share of unfortunate medical problems to deal with. I'm new to SH and for the most part everyone seem to be very nice to each other. However, I have read one or two comments that were posted without the best of intentions. When reading those, I don't think ill of the "original poster" - I think ill of the one making the nasty comment. And I think most people do the same.

Please don't give this person the Power to make you upset. And if you really think this is a case of "Internet stalking" take Diluro's advice. Contact the police. Good luck and good health.

• No it is not about being upset this is a warning to keep an eye out precious Marcy. We want everyone to be safe and so we are just sharing info. No worries and welcome to the board.

• meydey321 said:
    If this person logs onto SH and starts harassing Hisbeauty4ashes, will she be automatically banned? Is it best that everyone knows who this is so that any of us could notify the mods in case of any trouble? I don't like this at all and nobody should have to deal with this type of bullying.
    I am wondering the same thing.
  • is a terrible thing you have gone through and I am sorry that it has happened. I can also tell you that if at any time you have trouble here with this person or any one for that matter then all you need do is contact me or any of the other MODS or AUTHORITY team members and it will be handled immediately. We want everyone's experience here at Spine Health to be a wonderful one and we do not put up with stalking , harassing or any other thing like that so just know that you or any one of our wonderful member community has a group of people that you can turn to for help. I say this to not only ease your mind but the mind of any other member that might read this thread AND as a warning to any one that might be looking to start trouble. Just remember , if you have any problems then PM either a MOD or an AUTHORITY team member and let us know....naming names on the open forum is never a good idea and can cause more harm than good.

I hope that your time here is amazing and I wish you the best with what it is you are going through and if I can be of any assistance in this matter or if you just need to talk then I am always a PM away.....take care.....Miki