Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hand surgery - ouch

J.J.GreyJJ.J.Grey Posts: 2,961
had trigger release surgery on r hand today. numb is just starting to wear off and my hand is not happy. prob will not post much over next week. lots of swelling and i can already tell it is relly going to be painful by morning. lucky i got plenty of pain meds. i will sleep next 3 days.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope that you recover soon from your surgery. Take it easy and take your pain meds on time whether you think you need them or not. It's best to stay on top of the pain. My SIL had both hands done at once...she didn't know what she was getting into. Needless to say she wouldn't do it again!
    Let us know how you are when you feel up to it.
    Good luck

• Hi JJ, hope all went well with you surgery yesterday and not in too much pain. I had my myelogram yesterday - what fun!! HaHa! I'll miss reading your post for the next wk or so. Get better soon.

• it is so nice to be missed! i would never survive both hands at oncw!
  • I have not been in much pain. I really think that is due to the Methadone. It is getting annoying not being able to use my r hand though.

I took the dressing off today and was surprised to see that I have 9 stitches. I didn't think it would be so many.

I get the stitches out on Tuesday (hopefully).
  • I hope you're feeling better. How does your hand look? Do you think you'll get your stitches out tomorrow?

Hang in there and keep us posted.

PS You're typing really well considering...
  • I just saw this today. I did get my stitches out on Tuesday. My hand actually looks pretty good. I had 9 stitchesin the middle of my hand but I don't even think that it will scar.

One thing I want to say just in case anyone else ever has to go through this. Do not wait for surgery! I waited about 1 1/2 years.

I may have to go to PT because my hand was in such bad shape for so long the joints are stiff. My finger is bent. I can not close it down with the rest of my hand in order to make a fist and I can not straighten it out.

My doc gave me some simple but painful excersizes to do at home for 3 weeks in hope that I will not need PT

Thanks for checking on me.