Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

just got back from a insurance assessment where doc didn't show

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
What is it,am i cursed or what.I was up at 6:30 this morning to get ready and travel an hour from where i had to be to be assessed by an orthopedic surgeon today for my insurance co. They had scheduled this meeting.I was there at 8:30am ,my apt. was for 9am. I waited until 10:30 and the doctor still wasn't there.The secretary asked me what time my apt. was for and i explained that he was really late that it was for 9am.They called the him and he wasn't even in town yet and said that he wasn't coming to the apt. Friggin great,i just wasted my entire morning sitting in a waiting room with a sore back and headache for an assessment that i didn't want to begin with.Now there calling the insurance co. to reschedule the apt. for another day!!!! ~X( :? I wonder if they will pay me for my wasted time?

• My father once went to his doctors office for a appointment and the doctor didn't show up. My father billed him and believe it or not the doctor sent my father a check!. When I make a apoitment with my doctor and dont show up my doctor bills me anyway.
  • :D Ha Ha thats funny! i'd love to send them a bill.I'm sure they wouldn't laugh though.LOL. :))( My next apt. is with a neurologist at the same place and i really feel like calling them and telling them that if my apt. isn't changed to my area then i'm not going to go.Why should i travel out of the city and put myself out for the insurance co. there trying to prove that i'm not hurt even though i am.Why am i putting myself out for them. :/
  • Tammy that sucks!

Definately keep track of your wasted time, milage etc. submit it to the insurance company plus 20% for pain and suffering. It seems unreasonable to me that you are being given these demands by the insurance co. I hope you have your own attorney.

• Tammy

They will pay you for your time and travel!! Have your lawyer contact them to get the lost wages form and the travel reimbursement form. This is good for any treatment that interfears with work and all travel to treatment and IMEs.

I had a doctor quit the day of an IME. I went there and the office was locked up. Found out that the quit doing work for that review company that morning. They were very nice of course it didn't give me back the time.
  • i called her the day of that the assessment was supposed to be done and someone had already called her and let her know that the doc didn't show.She said that he better fit me back into the schedule asap
    unfortunately it will be the same guy as he has my file and has gone over it.Hopefully it won't be in the new year that this happens.Until all these apt. are done they won't send me back to therapy.Its really affecting my back and hips.The pain control they were doing there was really helping even more then i noticed.Especially for my neck area.I've had headaches almost every day the last two weeks.I just came from a massage and he agreed that i need to get back to therapy,he said i had an egg sized knot in my right shoulder and thinks its probably the cause of the headaches.I'm sure its not helping but the muscle tissue in my neck is still very sore.I have to say that right from the start my insurance agent has been pretty understanding.I know she's just doing what she has to do but its really putting a strain on me.I'm upping all my meds. and still hardly sleeping.