Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just want to say hello

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in New Member Introductions
I have just joined and I don't really know what I'm doing! My name is Lin and I live in England, I'm 57 years old with three grown up kids and 4 grandchildren.

I live alone and a few days ago I was sitting at the computer in the early hours of the morning because I had too much pain to sleep and feeling fed up and I suddenly decided that it would be good to talk to people who understand what it's like.

Maybe I'll be able to pick up some usefull information along the way and perhaps even be able to help someone else.
Was going to put in some of those little smiley faces but it looks way too complicated.

Bye for now

x Lin

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    After a couple of our email exchanges, I feel like you have been here a while.
    Dont worry about feeling your way around. There are a lot of different things regarding posts, replying, etc.
    Sometimes, I tell folks just to read a while, soak in others posts and then when you are ready, go for a post.
    Smileys are one of the easier ones to pick up... Make sure you see the smiley menu and place your cursor where you want a smiley then bounce up your mouse to the smiley you want and left click

If you dont see a smiley menu ( its > Smileys )
    Click on Smileys and you will see the menu

Lin, dont worry about using the system, more importantly is allow us to get to know you, your medical situation and we can go from there
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Jeauxbert, Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro
    In addition, you can always contact any one of the members of the Authority team haglandc , tamtam , Neck of Steel , Cath111

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i visit with several other spineys from your part of the world. =D> so glad you stopped by!! no matter what time of the day you are up, you will find someone around on the forum.. stop by anytime!! i am only a few years younger than you by the way... it seems like i turned 50 and things just started falling apart!! LOL!! thank goodness for the forum! :D :D hope to see you around! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. There's a ton of info on this site and the forums have a lot of knowledgeable, friendly and supportive members.

So what's going on in your spiney world? Are you a cervical, thoracic or lumbar spiney? Please tell us about yourself.

I'm sorry you found us because you were in pain, but glad to have you aboard.

• Hello again
    Thank you for the welcome, it's difficult to explain what my problems are because no one has been able to tell me.

I suppose it started way back over 20 years ago, I'll try to make a long story short. I had neurological problems and in those days there was no MRI scans, not here anyway, so I was poked, prodded and generally tortured while they tried to find out what was wrong.

I had loads of tests and several lumbar punctures and finally a Mylogram. At the end of it all they said they didn't know what was wrong.

I had a very bad reaction to the Mylogram and was in hospital for two weeks and I was ill for months after.

I learned to cope with the fatigue, loss of sensation, weak legs etc and carried on till the L4/5 disc went about 6 years ago, I had to wait 18 months for an operation but it did the job and everything seemed to be ok.

Then one day about 2 years ago I started to get strange sensations coming from my spine, mainly from the waist down but also some higher, that flashed about all over my legs and feet and everywhere else (if you know what I mean) lasting only 20-30 seconds, not painful, then I got "saddle anesthesia" then electric shock type pains, strange feelings like water running down my legs or insects crawling on them, burning feet etc etc and lumbar pain.

It all gradually got worse till now I have bad pain all the time that goes from thoracic level all the way down to the sacrum, I was up in the night when I found your site because I had woken up with terrible pain that I can only describe as being like the most painful part of giving birth. (Don't know if we are allowed to write embarrasing things)anyway since then I have had loo problems!

So that's me, I am told I have neuropathic pain! I could have told them that! I take Tramadol and Lyrica which I am increasing but it only helps for a day or two after I increase and then the pain is worse again. I don't like it, it makes me depressed and thick headed.

I don't know what the prognosis is but I have no reason to believe it's going to get better.

I think it is probably Arachnoiditis, which is why I mention the Mylogram etc. but I doubt that anyone will say so.

You seem like people who care about each other, thanks for letting me come in. :) Yay, think I did a smiley face!

Take care