Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

no SSDI yet and my state disability is going to run out by march

svtrichssvtrich Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Now what do I do.Workers comp denied my my case and my state disability insurance will run out by March 1.I filled for SSDI back in March of last year and it was turned down the first time.I appiled it and they just stated back on my case yesterday.My big prolem is.what am I going to do for money once state money runs out? At least with workers comp,that was going to buy me some time.
HELP, Rich

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I'm so sorry that the state disability is coming to an end. Did your employer offer any kind of Long Term Disability? Perhaps you have savings or investments you can dig into?
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • You could contact your state representative and ask for help with your SSD. They have been known to speed things up. Also SSD has something called dire need so if you get an electric cut off notice, eviction notice or anything like that you can let SSD know and they will speed things up drastically. I know that nobody wants it to come to any of that but if it does it may actually help you.

Good luck.