Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hey Guys -- Need Positive Thoughts Sent to CBergens Please!!!!

gwennie17gwennie17 Posts: 2,957
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
CBergens is going into surgery in an hour or two and is really anxious. :S Please send some positive energy, well wishes, prayer, whatever you believe in, her way as she is very anxious and nervous.

Thanks. You all are the greatest!

• I understand the nervousness. Just felt it there for a minute. I hope her surgery is a grand success and her recovery is as easy as can be.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • I hope all went went with surgery and wish you a full recovery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sending you good karma and heartfelt prayers that you do well. Take care and know that we all know what you are going through. I am set for surgery tomorrow a.m. and definately can relate to the nervousness and anxiety. We will be here for you when you come back. >:D< Hugs, Cheryl
  • You will be fine!We are thinking of you!Jeannie
  • I got a PM from CBergens...they got to the hospital at the appointed time and were told the anesthesiologist had just gone home. Her son(doc's son) was in an accident last night; she was at the ER all night with him. She'd come in this morning and worked a couple surgeries but the surgeon decided she was tired and should go home... So, they asked if CBergens could wait until Thursday when they had their next opening with that anesthsiologist! Apparently she likes this doctor well enough to wait -- so Bergens and husband are stuck there in a motel until surgery on Thursday. I think they are several hundred miles from "home."

So, all you kind people, please redirect your thoughts and prayers to Thursday!! Poor woman. I'm afraid she'll really be anxious after having to wait several more days.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I know it means a lot to her.

xxx Gwennie
  • I don't know her but please let her know I'll be praying for her. Thank goodness they sent the anesthesiologist home . . .that's a hospital that is actually putting their patients first. Seems like his head wouldn't have been in the game.

Wish her well on THursday.
  • I can imagine how bad that must be, all ready to go and then be called off. Tell CBergins that if the delay happened, it happened for a reason. And that I'll be sending her a box of my good luck and best wishes.

Much Aloha, Bergens
  • I am sorry. You sent me a PM about the surgery that you were to have today and I admit that I was so wrapped up with my hand surgery last week that it slipped my mind that you were to have surgery on L5 today. You will do just fine. The anticipation is worse than the surgery and we will all keep you in our thoughts for Thursday.

Good luck.
  • CBergens, sorry for your delay, I can only imagine the frustration and anxiety that adds to you.I am sure it is better to have a well rested and focused team. I will keep you as well as the anesthesiologist and her son in my prayers. May everyone's medical care take them to a better place of healing and strength.
    May God Bless and Keep you,
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I always worry something like that will happen when I show up. But sometimes these delays are all for the best. Sending healing wishes.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Yikes, delays and stress - ugh!

Best of luck, big hugs and loads of soothing good feelings for you come Thursday CBergen and Today for BamaCheryl too!
  • I just heard from Chris...she finally had her surgery yesterday (Thursday)and is doing OK. She went back from the post-op today and said she was in lots of pain...so they gave her a steroid injection. Now she is numb and tired! She said it was raining hard so they would wait till tomorrow to drive home -- which I think is 200 miles away.

She had some stuff done at L5 -- Not sure if it was a discectomy, but I believe she had a foraminotomy and laminectomy to make room for the nerve.
  • I couldn't imagine that long drive home! I hope she has lots of pillows and sedation to help with the ride. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Best wishes she gets home safely and without too much pain. Bless her.
  • I was just thinking about her and wondering how her surgery went. Glad to hear she is done with it but I know there is still a bit of a long road ahead and even more in her case.

Smart of them to wait for better weather. Heavy rain or snow will just make for a longer riskier trip. I'm sure she will be happy to be in her own home for the holidays.

Glad she did well with the surgery.
  • My husband and I returned home today (six hour drive) and while the ride did end up with me being quite sore when we got home, I am otherwise doing O.K. I know I still have a ways to go especially as I have nerve damage from a different disc, L4, but I am told it will heal in a year or so.
    I did great during my surgery. I was completely awake but my wonderful anesthetist, Brenda, kept me comfortable and calm. I have no doubt that your thoughts and prayers were a tremendous help. As strange as this may sound, it was actually almost enjoyable because the staff is so wonderful to me (I've had basically the same people for all 3 surgeries) and also I knew this surgery should go a long ways toward resolving this awful radiculopathy I've been dealing with for 3 years now.
    I may still need two more procedures for my backaches but they should be much simpler. (vertebroplasty and facet joint injections)
    You are all such wonderfully caring people and again, my husband and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your thoughts , prayers, and ecouragement.