Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Myelogram Tomorrow

HighwaymanHHighwayman Posts: 47
I am getting a myelogram 12/15. The NS wants one because there is too much finger pointing going on about why my rt heel hurts/numbness/tingling. This has been going on now for 13 months since my PLIF in Oct '08. The podiatrist says it is not the foot, the Chiro says it is not the foot, the NS says it is not my back. I am stuck in the middle of this. I just want not to feel like cutting off my foot half the time. I have read a lot about myelograms and it does not sound pleasant but it cannot be worse than a discogram I hope. If anyone has experienced this and has pointers to getting through this please post. After this test the NS will remove the hardware from a PLIF at L5-S1 and do what is necessary from the results of the myelogram. I have had new MRI & CT scans but they are negative for this issue.
God Bless,

• Hi George, I have had 2 CT Myelograms, one before my first surgery and one before my second surgery. For me there was stinging when the put in the anesthesia, like for dental work, and an achey feeling in my back as they injected the dye, I felt it go up my spine it was probably a pain level 5 or 6 of 10 but only lasted about a minute or so. The rest of the first one was a breeze, the second was a little tougher because I was weak from nerve damage,(standing for some of the x-rays) but it was not bad. I have never had a discogram, but from what I have heard, it sounds much worse then the ct myelogram. Good Luck,let us know how everything turns out.
    I'll be praying for you,
    May God Bless and Keep you,
  • Well that was not as bad as I read about. You were right Shirley it was not even as bad as a SI injection. A discogram was 10 times worse. Today is Wednesday, I cannot be standing up for any more than 10 minutes before the front of my head wants to pop off, dog gone it hurts but then I lay down and it passes. I hope it goes away soon there is much I need to do that I am off work today. I do not meet with the NS until the 30th for results. I cannot wait until he takes the hardware out of the right side of the PLIF & maybe what ever the myelogram shows.
    Shirley I have followed your threads, I pray all goes well for you and your recovery. Thanks for your prayers.
    God Bless,