Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Fusion Is Scheduled for Tomorrow AM

BamaCherylBBamaCheryl Posts: 45
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I will be going in tomorrow morning for my surgery and the nerves are beginning. :SS I can't focus on what I need to do today. I had the checklist and everything done at home, but I can't help but fear I will forget to do something or bring something at the last minute. On a positive note, I got the call from my NS office this morning and was told I would probably get to come home on Thursday instead of Friday, as previously thought. It seems incredulous that you can go home after 1-2 days post lumbar fusion surgery. I am happy about that though. She told me I would have a sleeping pill on standby that I could ask for tomorrow night post surgery if I need it to help me sleep. I was surprised that she went into so much detail telling me from the moment I go in to the moment I left what to expect. Wonderful and comforting. I will keep you all posted on my outcome after surgery tomorrow. I know I won't sleep much tonight. I have to travel an hour to the hospital and be there between 5 and 5:30 am. I will have to get up by 3am and leave home by 4am. @) Thank you all for your comforting words and prayers.
Hugs to all my spiney friends,