Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

had another assessment yesterday

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Oh yes another assessment for the insurance co. This time it was with an occupational therapist. She said that she had to wait and see the neurologist and orthopedic surgeon reports and of course i haven't seen them yet. She wants to wait and see if they have any kind of restrictions for me. So it was a bad night again last night.Not even an hour later my back was spasming and my shoulder and arm seemed to be in tune with the spasms in my back. ;) I hate these assessment,they just cause more pain and i don't think i'm getting anywhere.Haven't heard a thing from the insurance co. yet at all.My therapy was suspended so that the assessments could be done but when i was talking to the therapist yesterday she said that her assessment didn't have anything to do with the therapy and neither does the neuro or the ortho assessments it was just the physical therapist and that was done two weeks ago now and i haven't heard a thing about that.Hopefully it will be soon. :<

• Tammy

Isn't insurance great!! The IME are supposed to determine if you need to continue treatment. In fact they are the insurance companies way to cut off treatment. Don't be surprised if they say you are fine. Then you have to appeal.

I just want to get better. Why do they have to make it so hard?

I would ask the lawyers office to call about you going back to PT. They are not allowed to stop treatment until they get the results of the IME and send you their findings in writing. I had am IME last July and they didn't issue the report until September. All that time I continued PT and started with the neuros.

Good Luck
  • Sorry Tammy.

I feel your pain-last night was terrible for me as well and tonight promises to be just as fun.

• I live in canada so i'm sure insurance is different here.But i got tipped off yesterday when i was talking to the assessor about therapy and she said that she wasn't hear for that and she went on her computer and told me that the neurologist and orthopedic surgeon don't have anything to do with whether or not i do therapy either so now i'm just wondering why i'm still waiting to go back.She said that my therapy was just suspended pending the therapy assessment to see if that therapist agreed with the program that my therapist has set up for me.She was surprised that i wasn't still doing therapy and that it was suspended for so long.