Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new pain to deal with

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Chronic Pain
now what? 3 fusions, kidney stones broken foot, and now i had a tumor in my right cheek and sinus that was the size of a golf ball which was taken out 3 weeks ago. now i had an attack of gall stones last week with a temp of 103 and billiruium-sp? which made me itch so bad it was horrible. i don't know why i keep getting weird diseases all the time? i am only 62. at least my heart is in great shape and so is cholesterol and blood pressure. quesiton can one disease or surgery cause another disease. can surgery for a tumor in cheek cause a gall bladder attack. sometimes i think i.v. drips cause water pressure and make stones pass. has anyone else delt with continual weird diseases and surgeries or am i the only lucky one? it seems for the last 5 years it is one continual disease after another one
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.

• My wife had a laproscopic gallbladderectomy a while ago. They told her at that time that the stones and problems often develop from a change in diet. So, I would assume that other influences such as meds and IV drips could very well stir up the stones.

That's just an assumption on my part, (and we all know what assume breaks down to)

• sorry that you are going through more hell i hope that you find the strength to cope
  • I understand what you are feeling. I have only had one fusion, but have had 9 surgeries in 2 years. It seems like I never know what freaky thing is next. Every tumor is rare or wierd. The last one was in my eye socket. I never ask whats next, cause I was and it kept happening. It seems like it is one thing after another. I hope that things straighten out for you. My fusion hasnt helped all the pain, and now have to figure out whats next. Maybe 2010 will be better for the both of us. Hang in there. Just do what I did and quit saying whats next.:) Love, Robin
This discussion has been closed.