Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck Pain Clinics?

bd38bbd38 Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am looking for a recommendation for a good Neck Pain clinic (preferably in Canada) but can also consider USA clinics. Any that are recommended as they specialize in neck problems?

From another member's information, it appears that an upright MRI may also be advantageous in my situation, as the recumbent MRI has not shown anything too much wrong. I am not aware at this time of any place in Canada which offers this, even though it may be worthwhile having done. Perhaps some of the clinics would offer this service?

• There are about 100 sites in the US that offer positional MRIs, so you can see it is not all that common yet. You met check in the larger Canadian cities. I don't know where you're located...most of the big cities in the US have them. I went to Minneapolis for mine and there were two different places that had them.

I doubt if you will find a pain clinic that is just for necks. As far as the interventional pain management physicians are concerned, there isn't much difference caring for cervical, thoracic or lumbar issues. Most PMs do not even specialize anyway. They may have more orthopedic patients, but I imagine they also have a variety of patients with other issues, too.

If you go to a Spine Clinic, then the PM would only deal with orthopedic patients...but I've never heard of one that was just for cervical issues.