Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Posting

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
First thing I need to say is that my team of Moderators and Authority are probably the best people I have worked with. I have told them many times before, that while I was in the business environment, I never had a team that jelled so well or clicked together. Each one on this team is there for the other, backing us up in in terms of providing the best possible service to you, the member community. Cause that is what it is all about, you guys. If we fail you , leave you with bad taste, then you are not going to be happy with Spine-Health. I know we all try the best we can to making sure we handle all situations fairly. Sometimes, that may not always seem so. On those occasions, please contact me directly. I am the one that makes the final call, the decisions to ban or not to ban... So, its me, come to me with questions regarding that
Over two years ago, the Spine-Health company put me in the Administrator role. I was honored and I know that I had to have done something right for them to trust me with that position. As many of your know or dont know, we are all volunteers, but I can tell you that we breath and live Spine-Health.
I only hope that our honesty comes across and that everyone realizes that we have the member's best interest at hand.
Without the members, there would be very little for us to do.
Thank you for your support
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Howdy Ron!

Actually it is (to me) been a lot with you alls SUPPORT for us! As you know, I had an issue a while back with a inappropriate member. You tried to work with this "member" to which he was in major denial stage or what have you. And, nope, no more problems with him to date. :-) You guys have been great about being there "behind the scenes" when needed too, not just in the forums!

I am curious though, and I am sure others share this, what is the criterion to be selected to be a moderator, authority etc." Keep up the great work ya'll!!! Take care Ron!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    Thank you for your kind words...
    Criteria for becoming a moderator??

Thats a very interesting question. About 3 years ago, Miki, Bruce, Virg and I were selected as moderators. This was done by the existing Spine-Health Administrators. It was a system that was based on trust, confidence and the way we handled ourselves with other members. Prior to that, there were no moderators, it was only the admin folks (2) that manage the site. But that was also a time when there were less than 3,000 members, so it was somewhat easier. I was moved up from a moderator to an Administrator. I know initially that was done because of the in depth knowledge I had about the software system, but also because I had an even keel about everything. Later on as I gain my trust and confidence with the Spine-Health owners, they allowed me to pick additional moderators. Then through the insight of our CEO , Stephanie Burke, the Authority team was put in place. Stephanie allowed me to pick those members.
    So, Brenda, back to your question.. Right now the selection of moderator/authority folks rest with me. I look for those individuals who have demonstrated over a period of time that they care for other members. They also need to demonstrate that their own problemes do no outweight those of others. And the most important is to be fair and honest. I am so happy to say that the people that are in this grouop today fit every one of those traits and the one that is the most important is their honesty and integrity.
    We have a long list of members that are potential moderators or authority members. I look at that every once in a while.
    I am not sure if this really answers your questions.. But Brenda, if you want more information, I would be glad to exchange messagess
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Ron,

Actually you DID answer my question. :-) Please add me to the "future list" as I feel your reasons for selection are excellent! I fear/feel my issues will ummm....expand over time regrettably. But my doctor/NS will of course determine that! . The folks you have are WONDERFUL!!! Like our interaction with (well..ummm...(G) you know who!) resolved so far that issue - said member still comes on....but no problems with "said" member. I am on other sites for instance that "said" surgeries (Ulnar) went well, but neck, now back..growl..won't go there. It maybe a long time before I am considered...and that is fine, you guys are doing a wonderful job!!! :-) Please stay with us!! Thanks Ron, et al!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.