Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post op swelling

cybertonyccybertony Posts: 30
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
OK I had a fusion c6-c7 went home the next day the numbness was completely gone for 2 days then returned it's almost non existent in the mornings but gets progressively worse by evening my surgeon says it could be swelling, it's been 2 and a half months now . My question does this really happen and is there others that have experienced this and has the numbness gone away in time, or do surgeons just say these thing to get you out of there office. on the good side my neck really does not hurt anymore but the numbness in the finger and the week wrist is really scary because I'm afraid they may get worse not better. Thank
Tony
advertisement

Comments

• I'm new to this forum so I hope I don't talk out of turn. I had a C4 C5 fusion several years ago and I had good times and bad for about a year post op. On cold winter days or if I get really stressed, a lot of old symptoms will return so pay attention to your body mechanics. At least that helps me. If the doc says it might be swelling, have you tried ice or anit-anflamotories? (sp?) Advil, etc.. I wouldn't worry too much at this point, for me it was a slow but worthy recovery. I felt so much better after the surgery, I was ready to go full steam right out of the gate. Just don't try to do too much and don't get discouraged. Laying in a neutral position would sometimes help.

I hope this helps.
  • NO anti-inflammatories, not if you want a fusion. At the very least check with your doc on it :)

I'm not a neckie, but I would think that 2 months is still pretty early to be feeling 100% - even 70-80%.