Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fun Fun Fun

dehoyos13ddehoyos13 Posts: 290
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
;)) /:) #o

Hey spineys. I've heard about first sneezes and how they hurt. Had my first coughing fit 2 nights ago....still huting over it. But here's a great one.....HICCUPS. Holy smokes, batman.....those suckers hurt and mine lasted for like an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!

today's not a weepy day for me so I can laugh about it. It sure isn't that funny considering my neck feels like it can't carry my head right about now. I'm gonna lie down watch The Rookie....love Dennis Quaid.

Lets be strong, spineys.....and if we can't be strong...lets be medicated and pretend we're strong until we actually are! =))

Have a great holiday all! I'm getting optimistic (and maybe pushy) but I'm going to Walmart tomorrow...and its an hour away from where I live. Vicoden and shop therapy to the rescue!!

• I'm glad you're looking forward to shopping tomorrow and the upcoming holidays. That can really help you get through these teary days. Do you wear a soft collar? maybe that can help during your bad days. Take care and hope you heal completely from your surgery. Have fun tomorrow! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Charry....my doc didn't give me any collar to wear. However, my daugher thought it would be good to buy one at the pharmacy so people could visibly notice that they should be aware not to bump into me. That's a good idea I think. thanks for the well wishes. It'll get better. Can my mood handle it though??? Haha...between the crying and the boredom...my kids and husband are almost at a loss. I'm usually in control...you know...the momma has to be.

I hope I have fun shopping tomorrow. we're expecting quite a bit of snow and we're traveling about 40 miles north of NYC....we'll see how that goes.

Have a great holiday and thanks for responding to my post.

I have decided..hiccups, coughing and sneezes suck!!!!
  • Also, they say laughing is the best medicine, but holy hell, it hurts to laugh really hard. :)))
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Not nice Paul....you made me seriously laugh and now my throat hurts. Oh but it was worth it. Thanks!!!!