Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ruptured C5 C6

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:39 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have just recently been diagnosed with a ruptured C5,C6 in my neck. My balance is way off and I have lost a lot of strength in my right arm and daily numbness and tingling in the same arm. My doctor has recommended surgery ASAP and has mentioned that I am showing early signs of MS. I am 40 years old and want to make sure I'm making the right choices and wanted to know if any of you have experienced anything like this?
Thanks --
advertisement

Comments

• HI RAMJACK
    WE ALL WELCOME YOU TO SPINE HEALTH. THERE ARE PLENTY HERE WHO HAVE WONDERED WHETHER WE ARE MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION RE SURGERY. ITS NOT LIKE YOU HAVE A GOOD CRYSTAL BALL TO LOOK INTO. I SUPPOSE THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS GET A SECOND OR EVEN THIRD OPINION. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE WEAKNESS / NUMBNESS / TINGLING TO ME THE SURGERY MAKES SENSE. YOU CERTAINLY DONT WANT THIS TO CONTINUE TO THE POINT WHERE IT MIGHT BE PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGE. WILL THIS BE YOUR FIRST SURGERY? IF SO I KNOW FOR ME IT WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT. THE MORE YOU GET THE EASIER IT IS. FOR YOU I WISH THAT THIS ONE IF YOU HAVE IT WILL BE SUCCESSFUL AND THE ONLY ONE YOU WILL EVER NEED!!!
  • Thank you very much for your comments. This will be my first neck surgery, but I have had a shoulder replacement and several other surgeries. This has been a new experience for me with the weakness and numbness that has now found its way into my left hand. I am going in for another MRI this week and proposed surgery in January.
    Again, thank you for your kind words.
    lmoore