Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How should I handle this?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:39 AM in Chronic Pain
My PM doc suggested physical therapy after I had a procedure done. When I saw hiim last week I gave him all the info for a place near where Iive that takes Medicare. He was going to write a script and have it faxed over.

Its almost impossible to get a return call from any of his staff. His assistant called me back after a couple of days and said she would take care of it either that day or the next...nothing....the PT place has also called and no response from doc's staff. Finally yesterday I got a return call and the doc's staff member said she was gong to fax the prescriptin over...
As of this morning I spoke to the lady at the pt place and she said she has not received anything.

I am really happy with my PM doc, he is considerate, patient, explains everything but his staff leaves something to be desired.

Since I cannot get them to let me speak to him, how should I handle it. My husband feels that I should write a letter to the doc and post it as CONFIDENTIAL.

I just feel that if a doctor wants a patient to do pt in addition to a procedure and feels that it will halp the patient, why can't the staffers do their job and follow thru.

I'm sorry if I'm griping but this has been more than a week and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

• Man, that's really aggravating. I think what I would do is go to their office and ask for the prescription on paper to take to the PT place or at least stand there while they fax it and then call the PT while you're still there to make sure they get it.

Then, at your next doc appointment, I'd mention it to him. I doubt if he knows just how delinquent is staff is being. You can be pretty sure it's not just you having this problem and if not, I'm sure he'd appreciate the heads up.

Good luck.
  • Believe me, I would love to go there and stand right there while they do their job,however, its a 1 & 1/2 hour drive from my house.
  • I find that a really unacceptable level of service :( I get annoyed because it's impossible to find the right person to talk to at my PM office, but when they say they'll do something they do it!

Can you ask for his voicemail and leave a message for him?
  • Well then, hmmmmmm. Is it possible to get and send the prescription via email? You could get it from the doc's office and then forward it to the PT. I personally don't have the capability to deal with any of my docs via email, so maybe you don't either.

So, maybe your husband has the best solution. I can't think of another way to light a fire under them than threatening them, but that could certainly lead to bad relations and none of us wants that.

Sorry I don't have anything else to offer. Hopefully someone else will post a great solution.

Let us know what happens.
  • We finally got things set up. It took a while but I'm scheduled to start pt next week.
This discussion has been closed.