Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thank you , thank you everyone!

cbergensccbergens Posts: 31
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I hope this is not a double posting because just as I hit the 'submit' button, my laptop crashed.
I just had my third back surgery in eight months, this time on L5 (laminotomy, foraminotomy, and facetotomy) . I was supposed to have it last Monday, but as I was ready to be wheeled into the O.R. we had to reschedule due to the fact that my anesthetist had a family emergency and she had to leave. But the purpose Of this posting is to give a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for their prayers, and a special shout out to two wonderful woman on this forum who have given me ongoing support and encouragement, Gwennie17 and Jlrfreye. These two women, who I have never met, gave me ten times more support and encouragement than some of my own relatives (some of whom ignored the whole thing and I have not heard from at all). Gwennie even so far as to submit a posting on the day of my surgery asking for people to pray for me as I was horribly anxious. (I have panic disorder and it gets out of hand when I am stressed, which I was, needless to say). So again, thank you to everyone who sent prayers my way. If I had not found this forum, I would NEVER have gotten through these last six months.

• Good to hear from you.
    I was not aware of your background but when Gwennie asked for prayers, I said a few for you.

Sounds like you didn't have a fusion but rather some procedures to get that nerve clear. If I recall you had to delay your drive home due to bad weather too.

I hope you are home and hope that you find some relief. Please let us know how you are progressing. Mostly, try to relax and enjoy the holidays.

- Denise
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    We heard about your slight delay. How amazing you were able to get through that and then the surgery. Healing wishes being sent your way.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos