Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain when walking in stomach

treadyttready Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi folks some of you may no my story but for those who dont well i had a fusion done on the 29th of october on l4 l5 bone graft from pelvis got an infection and had to be opened back up and flushed out on the 11 november, well iv been getting pain in my stomach when iv over done things mainly when iv walked to far at the momment thats only about 100 meters then it starts is this normal after a fusion thanks tready

• I have this too. I reckon (as does my surgeon) that it's core muscles compensating for the back ones that don't work because they have been sliced open. Mine throb especially at night. Funnily enough I have ended up taking stronger pain meds at night to sleep through this pain than the post op pain. I use hot water bottles and have taken the odd valium to help too.

I also had (a slight) wound infection so was banned from exercise in my early recovery days. Don't know if that has anything to do with it?

I am over 9 weeks post op now and am still suffering with the throbbing lower stomach!
  • thanks for the reply nel sounds about right