Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

STRAKERS NEWS FLASH !!!!

strakerstraker Posts: 1,829
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:40 AM in Chronic Pain
hi all and thanks for all the good luck pms
my news is ..i saw the surgeon today and he wants to do another MRI scan to see if ADR is a possibility or a fusion .this will happen in the new year ..thats all the news i have .so have a pain free Christmas .and i will keep you upto date as we go ..once again thanks for your kindness and support with this painful debilitating condition
tony x
advertisement

Comments

• I hope it will help you. Maybe there is hope around the corner. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hey, my friend. Well, once again things are moving along for you and I'm glad. It keeps the hope alive and you can really use that during the holidays. Hopefully your Christmas wish will come true and there will be plan in 2010 to finally have some work done on your spine and help you out of the horrible situation you've been in for too long.

I'm sending prayers your way, my friend, and wish for you the very best. May 2010 be the year that you finally find some significant relief.

Cath
  • Let's all hope there is something he can do!

Hope your holidays are as pain free as possible!
  • Oh I hope there is a Christmas miracle for you my friend. I know how you have suffered. My thoughts are with you daily.
    Please do keep us updated. Your friends here on SH worry about you and want the best for you.
    May the holidays bring you less pain.
    The best to you and Kath.

Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • Tony,
    I sure hope that MRI reveals some good news for you in the coming year. Keep the faith albeit hard. But I am so happy there is a new plan on the table. Take care and I hope you have as pain free of a holiday as you can.
  • Hi Tony,

I hope things work out for you, its time for some hope and relief. Take care,
  • this gives you a lot of hope for a better year.

joan
  • Just the possibility of surgery must be like a Christmas present to you. I hope this leads to a successful treatment for your pain, Tony!

Will be anxious to hear what he recommends. image
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • it means a lot to me that you all care .as you know i have had a bad year and just hope that 2010 bring me and all on here better things .
    tony x
  • that this doctor isn't just telling you that he can't help you. You deserve to have someone take your pain seriously and decide to help you. I'm praying for the best for you. Merry Christmas!

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Glad to see there is some good news in your day. Step lightly, hold your head high and have a fantastically Merry Christmas.

"C"
  • Dear Tony,

I am really happy to read some good news from you.

There is hope, right around the corner for you... and I pray that 2010 will bring some answers to your back problems.

Think positive... keep your spirits up... and I wish you and Kath a Merry Christmas.

Hugs to you,

Tammy
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I am so excited that finally someone is willing to even consider the possibility of helping you. I have my fingers crossed ,toes crossed,arms crossed and legs crossed ANYTHING that will improve your luck. This will be your year Tony. I just know it. I have been a member for almost a year now and have followed your post closely.Always wishing that there was something i could do to to help you.Last week our lottery was up to 147 million and everyone was asking what you would do with the money if you won? One of my answers was that I would fly this guy on SH to see my surgeon and get this guy some help. Any help at all to relieve some of your pain!!! Please keep us all posted on the out come of your next Dr. visit.
    Good luck Tony,
    Susan
  • i am so scarred of another operation ..let me explain .i am worried ..what if i am made worse ..then what?? i could not cope with being any worse and in more pain ..i can't even think about it until the next MRI and visit to see the surgeon ..i have had 2 failed operations ..but the last one kicked the 5417 out of me and i have never recovered i have a feeling that another big op would finish me off ...we.wil. see roll on 2010 i think !!
    tony x
  • Alright Tony =D> I am so happy you have another shot at this and hope they'll be able to do either of the surgical procedures. 2010 WILL be a better year for STRAKER! <:P
  • I know it's terrifying to think of another surgery my friend. And I'm sure you're equally scared to live this way forever. My heart goes out to you! I'm glad you have another surgeon taking a look, the more opinions the better! You're still fighting the good fight Tony and you're an inspiration to me. May 2010 be a year of happiness, hope and healing for you.

Faith M
  • that means so much to me .i never thought that i my state i could be anything more than an annoyance to anyone ..let alone an inspiration ..thanks hun
    tony
  • After reading your posts I think I understand your worries. Since my injury (2yrs) have been fighting insurer to get surgery and now pending approval will have surgery early Feb. It scares me to death and even though the pain is vicious and my life restricted theres part of me that knows what to expect. The surgeon pointed out I have to have the surgery and the chances of success is not great but it will stabalise my spine and it may improve my physical state.I to am afraid of if it makes my back worse or if that BEAST pain gets bigger?? Then I write my list of positives. Best surgeon, less pain, better posture, chance to move forward to hopefully a better life. Hang in there straker, you are my hero in the stakes of bravery. If you don't go for it you may deny yourself something so much better. Sorry to go on & on but you deserve to have so much better for you and Kath. Giant gentle Hugs n' Loves - Paula
  • I understand the fear of another surgery. I don't know what they will recommend for you, but I can tell you that at least with the fusion, you know your back is not going to crumble with the slightest move. I have to admit I'm awfully stiff and occasionally get horrible pain, but it is NOTHING like the incredible pain I had before surgery. You're quite a bit younger than I am, so I can understand the desire for the ADR, so you can stay more flexible. I sincerely hope that is an option for you and that, if you get it, you will be pain free and flexible. If you can't get the ADR, do know that the fusion is not a death sentence. Life will be very different. I do get depressed about my stiffness at times, but I also need to give myself a good swift kick in the butt and get moving every now and then.

All the best to you.

Linda
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I am so glad that you have new hope for a solution to your pain. I know how much and how long you have suffered and the stress it's put on you and your family. I hope that things finally turn around for you my friend.

Debbie
  • Hey Tony,
    I've been thinking about you lately and was wondering how you are doing. I haven't heard from you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you the best of luck with the MRI and pray they can do something to help with your pain.

May 2010 be your year and I pray that better things will be coming your way.

Take care and hope to hear back from you soon.

Your spiney friend,
    Michele
  • So glad that you may have the option for ADR. I am going ahead with my 3 level ADR in Germany and I leave in less than 1 month. I also had previous surgery 19 years ago that failed, but the thought of being a step closer to lessening this hopeless pain makes me smile. It will be worth going through the pain of surgery if it means that it is a healing pain. Best wishes and prayers to you. Keep us posted. K
  • MRI scan
    23 jan 2010 at warrington hospital .to see what operation {if any } i am suitable for
    end of update
    tony
  • I hope the time goes by fast for you so you can get this done and onto your next journey. I wish you the best of luck with your MRI. Do you have an appt already set up to discuss the MRI with the doc yet or is that what this appt is? Hope all is well.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
  • I'll be thinking of you on Januaury 23rd my friend. When is your follow up appointment? I have shoulder surgery on the 22nd so I may not be posting for awhile after that. I will be checking up on you, but if you don't hear from me please know I'm always rooting for you Tony and wish you the best.

Faith M
  • good luck with the surgery .Michele over here in the uk you don't tent to get an appointment until you have has the scan .i am hoping that the follow up appointment will be soon after the scan {this is a new health authority for me and they seem to do thing better than Manchester and faster ..
    tony
  • I'm glad you have a date for your MRI, Tony. It helps to know when things are going to happen and your new medical authority sounds more efficient. I have a feeling you're going to be given some options this time. At least, I can pray for that! :)

Linda
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • <:P <:P Happy New Year and, in your case, I sincerely mean the "happy" part! Maybe everyone's continued prayers is starting to nudge things your way. You've been such a super example of a human being and the sanctity of life as you struggle every day to find hope in your situation. So many of us, if we could financially, would send money to get you the best of help immediately.

We're here for you in 2010 as we were in 2009 -- you're not alone and people do care,

Keeping the faith,

Judy
  • i am in a terrible state at the moment the back ache is relentless .i just hope that the new surgeon can help me
    tony
  • I wish I could take your pain away. If I could I would move you here to the US where you would have better health care. I hope they can find something on the MRI that guides them in the right direction to get to the bottom of your pain and find something that will take your pain away or atleast minimize it so that you can live a more comfortable life.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.