Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

question about Norco 10/325

Luis62LLuis62 Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Pain Medications
i was prescribe norco today, i know your not suppose to drink while taking this med. but if i take it during the week days sun-thur. and don't take it firday & sat. is it ok to have a few drinks during those days is it safe?

• I think it's okay to take one without the other but maybe try some of those virgin cocktails they taste just as good as the other alcohol drinks. A lighter drink like wine or beer may be better. I don't think alcohol will help for the pain as well as narco. Good luck and Happy Holidays! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • thats what my wife and i do we like to drink some wine on weekends or beer and if we do its only on fridays and saturdays,sundays i don't drink and during the week i don't
  • Does Your Medicine have a warning about not drinking alcohol and taking your pain medicine? it is never a good idea to mix any kind of alcohol and pain medicine......
  • but the thing is im not taking it with alcohol.lets say i take it sunday - thursday and i don't take it friday and saturday is it safe will i be ok?
  • Here is a link that will help you determain how long pain meds can stay in your body....http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_do_drugs_stay_in_your_system

• Besides the possibility of life threatening respiratory depression of mixing two depressant drugs, Tylenol in your Norco will kill your liver a lot sooner so be very careful!!!

Tylenol + Alcohol= serious implications on your liver in the long term.I would consult your Dr and be real honest with him to be safe.
  • hi im on the same norco.. considering the amount of liver killing acetomenaphine is low compared to most pks and if yuou take it in a steady regamine you should be alright.. im no doctor but i have consumed alcohol later in the day when i took it in the morning and felt no different.. but alcohol with pharmactucals can always be deadly:/
  • BotzBotz Central FloridaPosts: 223
    Just curious how can you stop taking pain meds on the weekends? My pain is 24/7 and there is no way that I can just stop taking my pain meds for anything even with my SCS?
  • Don't do it. Take your norco, and don't drink. If your pain is low enough that you can opt to not take it for 48+ hours for the sole purpose of drinking alcohol, then maybe you don't need the norco...?