Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got room for another ? ?

RRraeRRRrae Posts: 85
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, My name is Rae
I'm hoping to meet new friends for support and sharing regarding the wonderful world of CHRONIC PAIN <:P

I won't go off on a long sob story here, but I'll lurk around the forum until I figure out where I'm supposed to be.....or even better -- just point me in the right direction.
I'm a 40-something female and have been suffering some sort of neuropathic pain in both legs for 5yrs now.
In 2 weeks I will be getting a spinal cord stimulator trial implant, so that is my current issue to address and would love to talk to others who can shed some light.

I will be happy to give whatever details necessary as I desperately am trying to get my life back....
Thank you for having me and I hope the holidays are treating you well ..

• Hi and Welcome to Spine-Health Rae.

Is your leg pain from a spinal injury or from something else? There is a lot of information on here regarding SCS trials and implants and many on here have tried this or are using one now.

You've come to the right place for help and support.

Please feel free to share more about yourself and your condition.

I look forwarding to hearing (or should I say reading :) more from you.
  • Welcome to Spine Health. What kind of injury or surgical complication have you gone through that has led you to an SCS trial? We do have an SCS section here on Spine Health, so you may be able to find some good information there. You can always type SCS in the search box at the top of the page and it will bring up multiple threads and posts as well.

I have an SCS and it does very well for helping with the management of my pain. I do not personally recommend an SCS for anyone who hasn't exhausted conservative measures and who is still a surgical candidate. In my opinion, an SCS should be one of the last resort choices for pain management.

However, everyone's situations are different and more and more people are trying SCS technology earlier and earlier. It may be why there's a higher percentage of failures these days, which have seem to go up in conjunction with the change in attitude. Just my own conclusion.

• And Thanks alot for pointing me in a good direction.

I'm glad to hear your SCS is doing good for you.! It's so good to hear positive testimonies, as there are some pretty frightening ones as well. I've done much research on them and have pretty much exhausted all other avenues and am not surgical candidate.
    The strange thing about 'my' situation is that there is no pin-pointed cause for my pain. I'm one of those 'idiopathic' ones :?
    I will also do a search on 'peripheral neuropathy', as that is my 'official' diagnosis.... Maybe there is a section exclusive to this?

Again, thanx for the welcomes....I'll head over to the SCS forum....hope to 'see' you there!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we have several members who use the SCS and find it very effective. :D i hope you do to. good luck on your updoming trial!! :D Jenny :)
  • I feel very welcome here -- thank you !
    I see from your 'signature' you've had your share of struggles as well :(
    That's the 'Good' thing about a pain forum....it brings our 'bad' situations into a 'GOOD' place :)
    I AM nervous about the upcoming SCS trial :SS , but
    finding this forum has already helped !
    Again, Thank You

• i hope that you get good pain relife from you SCS i was not able to have one as my pain is mainly in my lower back {after 2 failed operations } i am waiting to see if i am suitable for ADR/FUSION .you will find some nice caring people on here ming is always on and she is nice there are many more with SCS see the pain control section
  • So sorry to hear of your battle. You've been thru a doozy.
    I just hate to see that so many good caring people have to struggle with a life-long curse such as this! SO not fair!
    As i find my way around the forum a bit better, perhaps I'll run into you here and there.
    I wish you the best and thank you for your support.
    Lord knows we NEED support!!