Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hard to stay positive

deloriearddeloriear Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:40 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
As with many of you, I am young, healthy, in shape, etc. However, degenerative changes have caused me to be in alot of pain. My NS rec PT, which I begin in 3 weeks. A vast majority of threads here along with many people I have talked to personally laugh at PT, and say it is a ploy of Insurance companies. Can PT work or am I wasting my time? I have to be honest and say going into it I am expecting it not to work. I dread having surgery(I know noone wants it)and am willing to have patience but mentally it is so hard to stay positive when your in pain. Today it feels as if I have a baseball size knot in my lower neck and it travels into my shoulderblades and into my arms. I have diff symptoms daily, never just 1 thing.....Any encouraging stories regarding PT?
advertisement

Comments

• While I didn't have much luck in therapy there has been many come here and done rather well with it and back out to busy everyday living. Hopefully they have ordered some message therapy as well to help those knots. I do believe in trying all conservative measures before surgery, as surgery is no magic bullet and you could be worse off. Sometimes it takes a combination approach of therapy, meds and injections to get the problems under control. Hopefully you have a good therapist and will design a program for your specifics needs. If for any reason the pain is increased from the therapy be sure to let the therapist and your doctors know so it can be changed up. Good luck and take care.
  • I just finished PT also. I DID insist on massage therapy this last time. It helped although it did not "fix" anything which is what I really wanted. My muscles never relaxed even though we I had surgery on what was supposed to have been causing the problem in the first place. Turns out, I have more problems other than my cervical fusion at C6-C7. I insisted on trigger point shots also, I bought a cervical pillow & I get lots of massage for the muscles. Although it may not make it all totally go away, it does make it bearable & to me that it worth it. Good luck!