Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please excuse my lack of Posting time

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,849
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
I haven't posted any of this before, but I have been dealing with some increasing shoulder problems. Advancing arthritis that is fraying most of my shoulder tendons. What they told me a year ago about complete shoulder replacements may be coming sooner than I hoped for.

Typing or using the mouse gets to be real difficult. So, I probably wont be making that many posts.

I will keep up with things and reading posts, but will limit my time to handling critical posts.

Wishing all a Safe and Happy New Year
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I will be thinking good thoughts for you and if those docs step out of line even one bit ... well you let me know and I'll ......

Sorry you are having to deal with this so suddenly. Don't you worry about not being able to post. We know that regardless, you are always here and you always care!

Take care my friend!

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry that you're having to go through this. I know that everyone here understands why you're not answering posts as often. It is good to know that you're still there looking out for us. I know you always put others ahead of yourself. I wish there was something I could do to save you from another surgery but I know I can't. I really hate that you're having so much pain. You just take care of yourself and don't worry about us. Let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you. You are a special person and your posts are missed but we understand the reason for it. Take care and don't worry. I'm sure you'll be ready for digging in the dirt....when the ground thaws! lol.

Your Pigpen pal...
  • Wishing you well (from the UK).

• ...to hear that your shoulder is slowing you down like this and giving you such pain. We know you want to post and will be thinking of you and sending healing thoughts you way. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Ron,

Considering you have already gone through so much, I am sorry to hear yet another issue is going on. I will keep you in my thoughts. Remember, take care of #1 first and foremost!! Take care, and Happy New Year to you as well!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I am sorry to hear that you are having more issues with your shoulder. I have multiple issues too not just the back so I can understand how it feels. My issues with my shoulder aren't as severe as yours but I know the extra pain on top of the back doesn't help. I hope they can help you soon with the pain/problem. I know from reading your posts you don't want another surgery but there isn't much you can do when it is needed. You need your shoulder to function and you don't realize how much more you depend on your arms when your back is bad. I will pray all goes better for you and good luck.

• Sorry to hear your shoulders are giving you a rough time. I only have issues with one shoulder and that is enough to drive me " crazy". Yet you are apologizing for being hampered by something you can't help. You are amazing. Wish you all the best for your health and happiness and a giant gentle Hug for the New Year - Paula
  • I'm so sorry and saddened to hear that you are having issues with your shoulders. I hope they find something to bring you pain relief. I will truley miss your posts as they always make me smile.

Keep us posted on how you are doing and I will keep you in my prayers.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am so sorry to hear you are having such bad pain in your shoulder, I hope you will get some relief soon, Athritis is so painful, we understand your cutting back on posting.
    TC and best wishes

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • dang , sorry ron ...good luck with ur shoulder...and Merry Christmas and happpy New Year to u and yours..
  • Please let us know when your surgery is and how you're doing afterward(if possible). I appreciate the PM you sent me, I'm hoping you read my reply. You are so good to all of us even when you are going through a tough time! Thank you Ron for being there for me, for all of us. I really appreciate you Ron.

Faith M
  • So sorry to hear about your painful shoulder. My mom was one of the first patients at Brigham and Women's to have both of her shoulders replaced. I am sure they have perfected the procedure over the years. There is a lot of physical therapy involved. Are you having physical therapy to keep your shoulder from stiffening up? I remember how much pain she had so I can just imagine your's.

We certainly do understand your decreasing the time on the computer. Take care of yourself first. Hope the new year brings you some relief....

Best wishes,