Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The Wheels Keep Turnin'....

EMTgoneNUTZEEMTgoneNUTZ Posts: 321
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Just a small update-received a letter from my Congressman that has been helping with my SSDI case (requested ODAR review the case, agree to expedite it for reconsideration & send it back to Lansing, MI for a reversal of denial). ODAR has agreed & has expedited my case-it is on its way back to Lansing now for scheduling w/i 60 days! Last I had heard from him it was on 12/7 and they had said that this decision would take up to 60-90 days and it has only been 21 since that last letter, so I am pleasantly pleased at how quickly this is being done! :-)

Now, if you can all join me in praying that the denial is reversed & I get my backpay along with the SSDI benefits so I can get the surgery, finish my new (2nd) Degree, & get back to being a working mom again!!!

Thanks everyone for your support and I will certainly update you as I hear further.

I trust you all had a very Merry Christmas, and I pray that your New Year will be filled with blessings & joy!

• Glad all is going well for ya! hope the New Yaer holds many blessings for you!!!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I am so glad to hear this. I told you that I felt like things are getting ready to finally go your way. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I will watch for an update of the good news!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    it brings a smile to my face.
    I do really hope that the decision does get reversed and you can start to get the help that you need.
    Do take care
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks for your support everyone! :-)

I still don't have a date for the new ALJ hearing, but they have transferred it down here to FL (Tampa, which is only about 20 miles from me), which is good for me because I don't have to worry about how to afford to get to MI for the hearing, AND no chance of getting the same Judge.

I received papers from ODAR and 2 Judges signatures were on it. It stated that the ALJ had wrongfully denied my case (which we knew) and pointed out a multitude of things the previous Judge ignored when rendering his decision. My Atty feels this bodes very well for me because likely, the next Judge will see that and not want to repeat the same mistake. Since that hearing (June 2009), I have also received additional dx's-Fibromyalgia, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both wrists & now the "mysterious" unknown issue with my Alkaline Phosphatase/AST/ALT blood levels (which is either a liver issue, or a bone issue)-Have numerous tests scheduled & completed to figure it all out-next is an ultrasound of the liver & a Dexa (bone density) scan scheduled for 2/2. IF my/my Dr's suspicions are true, this is likely a liver issue related to being on all of these meds for so many years (which would be the least worrisome of all of the options, only one of which has been ruled out, that being HepatitisC-thank God!). IF it turns out that is true, my atty seems to think we MIGHT have some recourse against that other Judge thanks in large part to what these other 2 Judges for ODAR decided. (Too bad they didn't just reverse the denial and grant me the SSDI! LOL But at least they gave me another shot to present the evidence in court and I'm thankful for that!)

Anyhow-I'll keep you all posted on this stuff. Now that my pain and other health issues are getting back under control & my spirits are up, I plan to be around more often again. (As you other long-timers here know, when my world goes dark, my posts disappear) I know a large part of this improvement is that I did move to FL & am soaking up sun rays, sitting on the beach to watch the sunset, have my parents literally 1/4mile away, etc. Definitely the best decision I've made in a long time was moving down here (though I do miss my other 2 sons immensely, but due to the circumstances I believe the self-less thing to do is what I did-leave them at their dads where they wanted to be anyway. Since they're 12 & 15, and have a great dad; & I can't properly care for them financially, physically, or mentally there for awhile, I know in my heart I did the right thing for them in the long run and that's what it was all about. Doesn't make my heart ache any less though-but at least we talk on the phone & I'll see them for Spring Break soon!).

So, that's about it for now-gotta go shower & get ready for my MRI appt. Will post again soon-thanks again for all of your love & support. It is greatly appreciated!! *hugs* :-)
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I've kept up on reading your posts. And I think if anyone deserves SSDI. You surely do! Hang in there!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Things seem to be on the upswing for you Tanya.

Being a mom is tough; always questioning whether we are doing it right. I say, as long as you follow your heart you can't go wrong. But, then again, no matter what we do, it's always the wrong thing!

I'm glad your disability is finally coming around. Man. 4.5 years is a long time, yeah!

Best of luck to you, hon!
  • Just wanted to update again for all of you who have been following me/my case for so long (thank you!!). My Remand Hearing is scheduled for April 8th @ 10:30am in Tampa. My atty (same atty I had in Mich) has gotten his plane tix and made his hotel reservations. Unfortunately my parents will still be on their cruise until the day after-I had hoped that they could be with me, but they have written a letter on my behalf that the atty will send in with updated med. records to SSA. My "new" (since I've moved to FL) Spine/Pain Dr has done the RCF exam/papers and I can't see anything on there that SSA could use against me in this hearing (especially since he really emphasized how often I fall b/c of my "jello leg" as I call it, which my other Dr didn't-plus now that they recognize Fibro and I've got 2 more Dr's here that have stated I have it, that's another one in the "help column" in my opinion)-here I thought the Dr's I had in Michigan were truly helping me, when now that I'm really being helped in every way possible, I can see that my former pain Dr back in Mich was actually helping himself-not me. All he wanted to do was keep me coming in for injections & pills...that's probably why the RFC forms he filled out were so contrary to what he would say verbally. I dont know-all I know is that I'm ready for this to be over with, and I'm praying that I FINALLY get the fully favorable decision I've been waiting for all this time.

I got some trigger point injections about 10 days ago or so and those helped my muscle spasms in both my low back & my neck a LOT! (I don't think I've updated since my last MRI-they did my full spine and found I also have 3 bulging discs in my C-spine, so all totalled, I have 9 discs with varying degrees of bulges, in addition to the stenosis and all that fun stuff.) No wonder I have so many friggin headaches! The trigger point inj's also took away that, so far!

Anyhoo-that's about all there is to update for now. I'm just happy that the Dr's here in FL are doing tests/treatments that are helpful, while I know they're temporary, & have my long range interests at heart, not just throwing pills at me forever! And I'm so thankful that the Congressman & his aides have been so helpful in getting this Remand Hearing ordered & done so much quicker than I had expected (even my atty said he didn't think I'd be in court until at least the fall, if not later-he was SHOCKED when it was scheduled so quickly!).

I'll definitely keep you all updated on the hearing and anything I find out! I thank you so much for being here to listen all the times I've needed to vent-I know it's been a long (nearly) 5 years for me since the last day I worked (8 since my first back injury), and it's been a long time to "put up with me" here these last few years too. I'm truly blessed to have so many understanding, caring & selfless people in my life such as my friends here at SH!

Thanks to all of you *gentle hugs*
  • I just know that this hearing is going to go your way! I have followed your dilemma and I think that many here would thank you for sharing your personal journey with us! Who knows how many may be helped just because you have been sharing and updating us. I will mark the date on my calendar and anxiously await the good news with you.
  • You're a sweetie to be so upbeat & confident for me! I really appreciate it (& need it) more than you know! (well OK, you DO know, but I think ya know what I mean, lol) You've been here for me many times as I've vented & asked questions and I want you to know how much it means to me that so many special people have been in my corner on this. It's hard to believe I've been fighting this for over 4.5 YEARS! I just hope that this new Judge sees what the Appeals Council said about the list of things the ALJ Judge "ignored when rendering his decision" in addition to all of the new medical information & additional problems. I have a hard time being confident because I didn't think I'd be denied last time! Your confidence & caring is so important to me, always has been of course, but especially now until I get the decision on this Remand Hearing (which I hope I'll leave there knowing something, as I read some of the stories here that people sometimes do) or at least get the decision quickly. I don't know how much more of this my poor nerves can take!!

I hope all is well with you, or as well as can be at least! As always, you're in my prayers for nothing but good things! (least pain possible, of course!)

Thank you for being a friend! ((((HUGS))))
  • We will be right here with you through this. I know what you mean about friends made on this site. It is hard to believe how close we really do get with one another. I have found tremendous support here when I really needed it more times than one.