Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for some advice

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I am a 33 year old Fireman with three little ones. I have had back pain since 2004. It has really gotten worse the last 3 years. I have Deg. Disk Disease in my L4-L5 and worse in the L5-S1. They are also herniated. I have had a ton of epidurals, sometimes giving me a short period of relief. I had an Intradiscal that really made me feel better for six months, that was last year. Wow, those were the days. My surgeon does not want to give me another one due to Infection. I had a Discogram done and although he over pressurized the discs he could not reproduce my pain. He was puzzled at the results and decided I was not a canidate for disc surgery and the problem lies in my facet joints. Well two facet injections later, not quite. I have taken Lyrica, didn't help. I am again trying the Naprean and seeing a Rheumatologist, though it hopefully helps, my pain lies deeper than arthritis. I am now up to 6 30mg roxicodones a day, definetly not where I invisioned myself a year ago. My second opinion said that he can do the fusion but can't guarantee it will help me. Thanks alot. These surgeons I am seeing are the best in New Jersey, that is a fact. I am in so much pain and not only missing the best job in the world but missing out on doing anything with my children. I can't play with them, give them baths, and sometimes miss out on them growing up. Sorry so long, my first post.

• So sorry to hear that so far you haven't got an answer as to why you are in so much pain. Have you seen someone who specializes in pain management? Did you hurt your back on the job? Sometimes W/C limits your choices in treatment, hope this is not the case for you.

Best wishes,

• Thank you for the reply Marianne. This forum or message board is already having a positive impact. I am sitting here in so much pain right now on a bag of corn. I didn't hurt my back on the job, which is good in a way. I have very good insurance, thank god, I am very fortunate in that way and my heart hurts for people who have to go through this without it.
    My pain Management doctor only perscibes me pain meds. My Orthopedic Surgeon who I really admire was puzzled by my discogram results and my pysiatrist has ruled out the facet joints. The worst pain I ever feel is after I cook and clean dishes, work in the kitchen. OMG!!

Thank you everyone and anyone that takes the time to write to me.