Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 week post-op check-up

lisa burekllisa burek Posts: 855
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
well, I had my 6 week post-op visit with my Surgeon. My x-rays looked "excellent" to him and he couldn't be happier. The difference between my 2 level PLIF 6 years ago and this 2 level ALIF is amazing.

He told me to keep doing what I am, use the brace when I am up and about and see him in 6 weeks. Hopefully at that time I can ditch the brace. I mentioned that my neck started bothering me again big-time, (thank Goodness we both have a sense of humor) and he said that I was a "disc degenerating factory", with some sadness ,and humor, but I know he was trying to also lighten my load.

Anyway, just thought I would share my good fusion news. Happy New Year to you all, and less pain.... Lisa

• Happy New Year to you too, Lisa. Great news about your checkup, sounds like you are starting 2010 just right.

Good luck to your continuing recovery!

• Awesome news!!

Happy New Year to ALL!!!

• Happy New Year to you. May this be a better year for all of us. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Way to start off the New Year!

• That is great news Lisa. Hope you carry on healing just as well.
  • Many many happy returns of the day! I wish every success in new year. Happy New year 2010!

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member haglandc
  • I'm sorry to hear about the neck pain. In addition to your DDD, I think that when one part of our spine has changes, it sets off a chain reaction up or down the line. Perhaps your neck will settle down a bit after your back settles into its new position. This, of course, can take months. So glad to hear fusion is on the way and you can perhaps ditch the brace soon.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • I'm glad you posted how changes in one part of the spine affect other parts. I'm almost 2 months post ACDF and my lower back has been in such pain these past few days I've taken the vicoden as much for my neck as for my lower back.

When the herniated disks were found in my neck they also found some in my lower back. Can't remember which....gotta ask my primary doc since she has the report. I wonder if maybe its from lack of exercise. I mean...so far 7 weeks of no housework, only walking. And not much walking with all this snow and cold. I'm not allowed to drive because I still can't turn my head without pain. I waited a long time to have this surgery so I'm guessing the nerves are taking long to heal. I'll see my surgeon on Wednesday and I'll ask him. It doesn't help that I hit my head AGAIN! Dang...it must be a big head! ha ha.

but thank you. I was starting to worry. I am sooooooo afraid of having this kind of surgery again.

May 2010 find the solution to all our spine issues and we can enter 2011 totally healed!
  • I'm very happy for you Lisa and hope you continue healing really well.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Congrats on the good news Lisa. Sorry about your neck. Hopefully it will settle down once your lumbar settles down.

Hugs and HNY,