Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hemangioma causing pain??

amberdeaamberde Posts: 1

I am a new member, or I hve been a member for a bit but yet to have post. I'm Amber and I am miserable.. and very recently feeling hopeless.

Plese forgive as my A button hs a mind of it's own nd will not always work, plese bear with me.

I have a list of things wrong with my bck. I don't understand them all.. and I have a few different doctors telling me different things, most of which contradicts the other. I am hoping that someone cn help me here with advice, referall, help in anyway..

Here is the list although not current, there re a few things missing as I don't have the latest MRI report. :/

I have several bulging discs
Disc Protusions
bilateral fcets hypertrophy (spurs)
I do know I hve 7 bone spurs
My doctors are worried my neck vertabrae my fuse toegther. Apparently the vertabrae in the neck face the opposite direction of most people and I have 2 bone spurs in my neck as well. Some in my neck and back touch my spinal cord
mild facet sclerosis
disc degeneration
some sort of fracture in my lower lumbar as well as arthritis in this area
scoliosis, which popped up in my 30's I would guess. I am 37. I lost two inches of height in the last 3 months
and hemangiomas...

the problem I am having is I have been in CONSTANT pain, and I do mean constant, no exagerration.. for over 2 years. mostly from t1 - t5 which is where the greatest and constant pain is. This is where a bone spur is nd mny hemangiomas..

My family physician had been treating my pain. She gave me hydrocodone, but it gave me awful migraines and so I just cannot bear to take it.

She gave me tramadol, which just didn't do anything.

Prednisone, which made me a skeery hag and felt like I had asthma.

Flexirill (sp) which might help one sleep but did not do anything for the pain.

Flector Patches, which help me be able to bend, but don't take pain away (I honestly don't mean to sound so whiney)

Darvocet, which does not give me migraines, but only takes some of the pain away, but it soo much better than nothing. And I can function, like doing chores etc.

This is such a long story, I hope you can stay with me! I'll try to make it short though.

So I have been being treated by my chiropracter, very sweet and helpful guy. He adjusts my bck accordingly, has a GRT light (I think that is correct) which sometimes helps little bit. Once the adjusting, like a little electric hammer and GRT light I had no pain at all for 4 days. It was wonderful. But hs not happened again unfortunately.

Neurosurgeon ~ says my lower back does not hurt enough for a shot, it's like an epidural of sorts? Says hemangiomas DO NOT cause any sort of pain.

My fam. phys sends me to pain management doctor. he says there is nothing that can cause pain in my list of problems. My chiro seems to think that the hemangiomas are causing my pain as my spine hurts right where they are.. PM doctor says they do not and I simply hve muscle pain. He gives me Tizanidine and Meloixam, which don't do anything.. My muscles do not hurt and the anti-inflammitory has yet to do anything. Maybe it tkes time?

Anyway, as a result, my fam phys will no longer refill the darvocet as she believes I am not in pain. :/

I asked my chiro and his friend who is a orthopedic surgeon if I could just hve surgery because I want to be normal again. My business.. my only income went under as a result of being in so much pain.. hurts to bend and lift. *sigh* Sorry to sound whiney.. they said no in any event, said that the surgery to scrape hemangiomas would not relieve any pain.

I am sooo tired of being in pain. At this point I feel totally and utterly hopeless and I don't want to live like this. Not at all. I am frustrated and confused and I don't know what to do or where to turn.

i did some reading and I read about radiation for hemangiomas. I so want to do this. I would like to find a doctor who cn confirm why I am in so much pain. All the other doctors just say that they dont know why I am having so much pain but that it isn't anything from my back, mri's etc show nothing to cause it. I also read that a symptom of hemangiomas is loss of bladder control. I have had a problem with this for 2 years. I know where every bathroom in town is, I can't go from one store to the other without hving to visit a restroom.. I get up no less than 2 times a night and sometimes 4 to visit the restroom. I don't even drink sodas.. ??? Doctors, nd my urologist have no clue as to why.. then I read that and well, it makes sense.

I have constant pain. I hve worn holes in my mattress from rolling over and moving constantly as my back just kills me when trying to sleep. No sitting or certain postures seem to help.

I live in Central Texas. I am willing to travel anywhere within Texas to get help with my back if someone knows of anyone who cn help figure out what is going on.

And the question I have for you all, as I know many of you, or atleast some of you probably hve experience with hemangiomas.

Do they cause pain?

• I am so sorry to hear of all your pain. I also have a hemangioma. It has begun to give me pain too. I have other spine issues and what I do know is your loss of bladder control is a possible result of your spinal column compression. I would see a different back dr.
  • Hi Folks

Am 55 year old male whom in the past have had the usual wear and tear back pains.  However about 18 months ago I started to have a continuous dull pain in my left lumbar thoracic region and an accompanied trailing of my left foot.  My partner eventually encouraged me to go visit my doc to see what was going on. 

Jumping forward about 10 months I now have had 3 MRIs, numerous blood tests, and 2 referrals to a neurosurgeon who has identified demyelination of spinal cord and areas in my brain which have resulted in a diagnosis of MS.  I am in denial of MS as no one wants to be told they have such a condition but am reluctant to question the medical experts..  My back pain is still persisting 18 months later and in a recent visit to my doc was told one of my MRIs showed a hemangioma which they now will monitor and carry out further blood tests to I assume check if it becomes cancerous.  

The more I read these forums the more convinced I have a straight forward hemangioma and would like to ask if any body else on here have had similar diagnoses of MS and nerve damage due to a hemangioma.

Thx Charlie