Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Shoulder problem

redjoyrredjoy Posts: 15
Don't know if this belongs here but my husband suffers big time from shoulder pain. Has been told bursitis, tendenitis etc. Any treatment that has worked for anyone, tough on him at work. Thanks

• I'm sorry to hear your husband has bursitis in his shoulder. I had the same bursitis in my right arm and after 2 cortisone injections I had to get arthroscopic surgery and the Orthosurgeon cleaned it out and I was back to work after physio with in 13 weeks and my job is physical after a few years I've had no problems at all. I tried ultrasound and trigger point massage before surgery with the shots which didn't work and I was glad to have had the surgery. I hope the Ortho Dr. can help him. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I was just looking at an MRI report done a little while back & it saysjoint margin sclerosis & acromioclavicular marginal osteophyte formation whatever all that means. says no inflammatory disease so thats why tylenol doesn't work for him.
  • You may try the to look up the posts under "Arthritis, Osteoarthritis", as the shoulder problems may be related to it. I have been experiencing that too, and for me icing and PT helped.

Best wishes,

• I too am having shoulder problems big time. I have arthritis in my right shoulder and my arm has dropped in the socket causing an impimgement. To say it is painfull is putting it mildly. It throbbs all the time. My ortho looked at it on my last visit about my knee and did an injection that helped about 2 weeks or less. He gave me several pages of exercises to do twice a day and they are very painfull but I do them but do not see any improvement.
    I see my Ortho again this coming Tuesday and hope he comes up with a new plan even if it means surgery. This pain along with my other pain issues is making life very difficult. I want this pain GONE!!
    Best of luck to your Husband. I know how he feels.
    Hopefully an Ortho can help hem.

Cheers :H
    Patsy W