Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sciatic arthritis

MagnumtagemMMagnumtagem Posts: 76
So i have had knee pain all my life in spurts here and there> i had a micro done 11-13-08. My knees have been killing me checked for gout and ra screening both negative. My doc wants to refer me to a roomatolagist and says i probably suffer from sciatic arthritis. My knees will be fine one day the next day a level 8-9 pain next perfectly fine. I think my pain tolerance has gone down since the surgery that or i just hurt more now. Atleast i have a few things as causing factors eliminated but i cannt aford to go to another specalist to have them sasy youll be fine just deal with it. At the same time i cannt aford to keep dealing with the pain and ignoring it. Im sure we have all been at this turning point or cross road. So info on sciatic arthritis would be apreciated or any sugestions as a direction to go thanks.

• what disc did you have micro discectomy on?
    sciatica is a general term for pain running down the legs thats caused by pressure on the spinal nerves. that pressure can be caused by discs,bones or calcium formations or ligaments. in the past has any test on the spine showed arthritis?

• I had the micro done on l5-s1. All of the blood tests i have ever had have come back negative for arthritis. The pain i feel is just a pain that starts in the knee and goes down to ankle but most pain consitrated in the knee. My back surgeon did say i had a very narrow spinal canal so im also looking into this as a contributing factor. I have had many xrays taken of my knees through out my life because of pain with no aparent cause.