Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

discogram update...... I think it was postitive

missy9mmissy9 Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Spinal Injections
Well I had my discogram on new years eve. It went well and wasn't too painful. I slept most of the time from the versed and only woke up when the dr hit the disk causing the problems. I woke up screaming! All I heard was the nurse say "no she was just snoring" while I was yelling. I think he may have been checking to see if I knew that he was in the disk or something. Anyway I had no clue. So I was screaming and crying asking when it was going to be over because it was really horrible at that point. They then gave me more versed and that is all I remember.

While in recovery the dr came and talked to me about how the procedure went. He asked if the last disk caused more pain than the first and I said yes. I was really drugged up at this point so it was hard to really talk to him. He said that my S5 disk is the one that is really messed up. He said normally dye fills the disk evenly but mine just poured out and since it was painful the neuro should have what he needs now to move foreward. So I think I had a postive test?! It sounded like it to me but I was really drugged up. I am glad to know what is going on and that the disk really is the problem.

This particular disk is very degenerated and is herniated inward touching the nerve. So I am assuming from this test the disk may be ruptured or torn for the dye to pour out? Is that what usually causes this? I hope this is all my neuro needs now to finally do the fusion. I am so tired of living in pain.

• Sounds more like it was your L5 (lumbar) disc, there is no S5 (sacral)disc. Let us know how things go at the surgeon's appointment. It's good they have found the source of your pain.

Best wishes,

• opps I ment S1 sorry!
  • What causes the dye to pour out of the disk? Does it mean the disk has a tear or is ruptured? If so what is the treatment for this?

Thanks for any info!

• When I had my Discogram all of the positive disks cause pain, and they were ruptured. My Doc tried alternative therapies first to see if the discs will heal on their own, but they didn't, so I ended up having a 3 level fusion.
    I also had DDD and some other issues, so that is what happened to me. Let's hope that if you have a ruptured disc, that the disc can heal on its own with rest and some other alternative therapies. You take care,