Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 months post acdf c5/6

swaynesswayne Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi all first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!
right where shall i start?????? well im back at work 5 weeks now but not feeling great at all,
ive got neck pain(on and off)ive had pains in my left forearm (nerve pain i think)i get the odd pains in my left fingers ???? but most of all is my lower back pain and my right foot pain(i have to hold on to things as i walk some times)i feel totally drained,
if i sit for just 10 mins i have trouble getting up and walking(ive even started the atkins diet)to see if losing a few pounds will help,
ive just had my post opp MRI so i hope that will shed some light on things my doc talked about surgery on the back of my neck (i hope not )but if thats what it takes then so be it,anyway sorry to go on abit but you never know, somebody might feel the same so once again HAPPY NEW YEAR

• Did he indicate why he thought you were having back and foot pain? Is this something new? Did they do a MRI of your lumbar spine, too?
  • hi to be honest he didnt give me chance to tell him but im gonna make sure i do next time (soon i hope)
    he may send me for another scan ??????
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Sorry to hear you're having these new problems. You seemed to do so well with the surgery. I don't know if your new problems could be related to your surgery or not. I hope you get the chance to talk to your surgeon and see what he recommends. Sorry I haven't checked on you in a while.
    Take care,
  • I hope you get your answers! I had a great New Years...went away with just my hubby. But my left leg was not as strong and kept giving out. My left hand tingles and spasms in left upper arm. These are inconsistent...I have an appt on Wednesday.

but wow....you've been back to work for 5 weeks already! Thats amazing. I'm just about 2 months post ACDF c4/5 and 5/6. Cleaning my counters and stovetop kick my butt!

I hope you get your answers and that this is nothing more than a new nerve area coming back to life following the surgery.

Let us know what the MRI and dr says.

Oh...and I hope 2010 is your best year yet!
  • hi all i think i feel just the samme as before surgery but my n/s told me that the opp was'nt to repair me but to stop it gettin any worse (his words)
    and my problems are goin to be LONG TERM so im thinkin of letting GORDON BROWN and his government pay for me and go to college to learn a new trade
    but for now just try and sort this pain out so next week im going to lanzarote for some sand,sea,sun and relaxation cant wait 21 degrees temp should help :D thanks guys keep in touch and get well soon