Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I respect.....

deloriearddeloriear Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Each and everyone of you on ths site for the physical, emotional, and psychological stresses that our pain has demanded. I have been in pain on and off for approx 2 years. Recently, I have had new pain so I am in the midst of seeing multiple Dr's. During a recent trip to the hospital, I was told by the ER Doc that I was to not come back for pain management, that my primary care provider needs to handle that. Well I told her I apologized for my pain occuring after normal hours and that wasn't possible. I am starting to feel your pain "pun intended". Spineys like us have so much to deal with, and it amazes me how on top of this we are treated like drug addicts. I do not want to sound redundant b/c I know it has been posted numerous times, but I just wanted to say I'm glad I found this site and can share my experiences with people who know where I am coming from. Funny thing is now when I'm in pain, I have to ponder over whether to go to Docs or just bare the pain b/c I don't want to go through any hastle of being called a drug addict. Never in my life did I ever think I would be treated like this even though I have documented proof of pain. I don't know how I have kept my sanity through all of this. I always know I can turn here and have someone to talk to and share my thoughts with, thank you.

• That is one thing that I am very thankful for is my primary doctor. He clearly knows I am in pain and will be the rest of my life. Every time I have a test done by another doctor or anything changes in my care, I get copies and make him copies for his charts, as well. If the need would arise that the pain is so bad and I need the ER he has a standing order in my medical charts of what they are to give me, and the reasons why. I think having the relationship with him, has definitely made a difference in my care. My last trip to the ER got me admitted for another reason and there was no problems with them giving me pain meds for my spine issues. He has made those charts so clear as to why I need the meds. Now I am lucky they do everything on line so the the ER can see his notes and he can see the hospital notes as well.

I really hate hearing stories of members who are under medicated and get treated this way in the hospitals. Is there records you can get from your primary that will help the ER understand your need to get the pain reduced. I sure hope you can get the pain under control or manageable so you don't have to go through those problems any longer. Take care.