Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain with pain @a 9

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
hello well i have benn in this perdicament since 3/2008. the insurance is a real trip. and my insurance wont cover the care..
so whats a person to do?
i have pain that is so unbearable at times i do not what to do.
i take meds on a on needed bases because of how it reacts with my body. i am still working pt and function to a limited degree. but the pain.....
at night it is at its worst. i have the darnest time trying to sleep.
i have had the worst luck in getting a dr. who stands behind me in how i feel and supports me thru the insurance part of it.
my diagnosis is 2 herniated disc in the L3-L4/L4-L5. i also have an impinged nerve that radiates all the way done my legs mainl right sided and curls around my foot. at times it feel like i have a sock so tight that i can not rotate my foot.
anybody out there no what i can do to help my discomfort.
my pain level site about at a 7 at night it goes to a 9.
any suggestions.
appreciate anything. thanks patricia

• I am sorry that you are having a hard time.

Here some questions that might help us better understand your problems.

When was your last MRI?

What kind of doctor are you seeing? Who ordered the MRI/CT scan etc?

What are your symptoms and how long have you been hurting?

What are you currently taking for pain?

Have you had any alternative treatments?

I just want to say getting diagnosed is like the tip of the ice berg.

Hang in there- Hugs :)

• I'm sorry you're having so much pain right now. If you're doing PT now you may need some pain meds to help you do the physical things for it. I also take Cymbalta for leg and foot pain. It looks like you need to see a clinic or University hospital to get a Doctor to help you with pain meds or see a Pain Management Dr. I used ice and alternate heat on my back and leg for the pain. I also found a tensor bandage or TED stockings helpful for the sciatica in the foot and leg. Keep looking for someone to help you. The Dr. who ordered PT may be able to help you. IF not keep looking. Take care and never give up. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN