Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2-level cervical ACDF Surgery - How do people in general feel 4 months out

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am curious to get an idea from anyone who has had 2-level ACDF surgery with plate, how they felt 4 months out from surgery.

I am getting a facet joint block injection on Thursday, January 7th.

• I'm 6 months out from my 2 level ACDF. At 4 months, I was still having some pain, and a bit of difficulty with range of motion, mostly turning to the right. Actually, I'm still having the same issues. I had an appointment today, but the doc canceled the clinic because we had freezing rain this morning.
    I'm able to drive myself around town, though don't feel comfortable going much further than that. Can do most housework, though if I have to do anything above my head, it had better be something quick! I braided my hair the other day and paid for it the next day. I'm hoping that these are normal for this time in the recovery, but I can't find out until I talk with my doc, and we seem to keep missing each other.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I had my ACDF and 6 weeks later was able to stop wearing my Aspen Brace and returned to work about 7 weeks post-op. I felt relatively good at the 4 month point, so much so in fact that I changed jobs! I ran into problems around 8-9 months where I had to do some injections to get things back under control. I later had an additional procedure to alleviate some stenosis and bone spurs.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Thanks Kat and SpineAZ for your comments.

So we're all kind of feeling the same way at this point. I get my injection tomorrow and I think I'm feeling pretty optimistic that it well give me some relief.

My Dr. is great, so we'll keep plugging along if this doesn't do the trick.

I need to remember that what I had done to my neck was pretty radical to anyone's nervous system.

After all, it took me 1.5 years to adjust my artificial disc, now its a part of me and my lower back never hurts anymore.