Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Med Change

bigcat90bbigcat90 Posts: 1,012
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Pain Medications
I have been on Vicadin Es for over 10 years, i was just switched to Loratab 7.5 this month,my doctor was worried about my liver.The Loratab 7.5 seems to be working better than the Vicadin Es.I am allowed 4 tablets a day,i have been taking 2 during the day,and two at night.i just also had my first urine test this month,i never had a urine test before,i am on a pain contract,i did ok on the urine test....

• Good move by your PM Doc. Vicodin is such a risk anymore due to the high amount of Tylenol on it and its risk for your liver, I hope that the Lortabs work for you. I am not in a pain contract either, my PM Doc does not make his patient's sign one of those, but If I had to sign one, I wouldn't have an issue with it at all...

Take care,

• Nice to see you again. I'm glad the Lortabs are working for you better than the Vicodan. I don't have a pain contract and I never heard of it before I joined here. I had to take a urinalysis when I went to work in Florida and at any time they could come to you and ask for a test or if there was an incident you had to give a test while working with patients. Anyways I'm glad you're doing better. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN