Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello- New Here- Priest

BSGpriestBBSGpriest Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone. I have actually visited this site over the past 4 years but never really joined until now. I am 3 years Post op TLIF L5-S1 with great fusion. I have a wonderful 16 month old son. I do suffer from Left SI Join dysfunction (pregnancy was horrid), and apparently I have a Bone Spur pressing on my S1 Nerve (a very undermentioned side effect from the fusion).

I hoep to get some help and feedback.

Thank you all

BSG Priest

• Glad you finally joined here. This site has a lot of info and we're here to support you. Sorry to hear of that bone spur now bothering you. It must be wild to be chasing after your little one while you're having pain I hope you have someone else to help you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi all,
    Have been looking for someplace to find more info on spinal fusion. I am looking at a fusion at the L4-L5. Have already had a discectomy, foramenectomy and laminectomy on C3-C4 with good success. I am a bit nervous of the outcome of a fusion and not sure what to do. I'd like to know if there are good results out there! It seems like once you find out you need a fusion, all the horror stories come out from everyone.
  • I am sorry to hear about the necessity of a fusion. I had one 26 years ago that apparently has disappeared completely from my body. Of course, back then, it was a bone graft. Now they use metal.

I can only tell you that any invasive surgery.. fusion included... may take away one pain, but has the potential of causing other pains. Weather changing arthritis has been a real problem for me.

People keep telling me times and medicine have changed, but I still think that avoiding surgery, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, would be the better choice.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you finally stopped by to visit!! :D you will meet lots of nice people and find lots of great info on the site. i do hope the bone spur does not give you to much trouble. good luck with your pain problems. :D Jenny :)
  • Thank you everyone. MJAK I know I postposned surgery for 5 years and in the end had a TLIF, The pain disappeared for about 6 months (original pain- healing pain I don't count) and I had about 2 months of complete bliss and then my SI joint acted up. I have come to find out that my SI joint could be the underlying cause of everything I went through and actually made my disc bad that had to be removed. I know it is definately not the same for everyone but with me we actually had no idea why I was in pain from my L5-S1 Disc it just hurt (discogram was positive), but in the end if I don't help my SI joint strengthen I will most likely be having subsiquent surgeries in the rest of my lumbar sooner than I should (most of the time once you have one fusion more follow). I will say that I am 3 years post op and I am running regularly and working out like I use to. Of course I am being monitored and so far so good. I just have to get a little spur taken care of.