Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery looks like the end of Feb

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:40 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I saw my NS today. I was disappointed to find out that we probably wont be having surgery till the end of Feb, maybe even early March.

I guess it's good/ maybe I can loose the 20# that I have accumulated since last July. I feel so fat and bloated. Depressed and disgusted with my self. Why is it that I like food? I was blessed with an incredible palate and a love of fine food only to be cursed with a terrible spine and the ease in which I grow a large bottom :). I told my sister that I feel like a bloated tic- laying on the couch rolley polley :O) Humor is good medicine.

I am having a new MRI tomorrow to see if things have progressed and to look and see if there is anything new causing me the incredible headaches. He did say that the pressure from the C-5 -6-7 could be causing the Thoracic pain and wasn't too worried about the T spine.

Peace my Spiney Friends,

• Interesting. I went to a different clinic for my new mri. Better parking and newer equipment. Any rate the qulaity of the images is alot better.

I have been looking at them/ comparing them. I'm worried. Not only are the protrusions now extruded into the spinal canal there also is some other stuff going on. I can tell that c5/6 is completely flat I have disc material in the anterior space & posterior space.

Looks icky. I will post photos to my FB page if any of you are into that.

• I followed your FB link and could only see a pic of you and your friends. You are very pretty. Anyway I hope you have great success like you had with the lumber surgery. Food is my weakness also but drink lots of water while dieting and a multivitamin. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Charry,

I guess I have locked to friends only- if you friend request me I will approve.

I am making vegi soup right now. I started taking about 1500 of liquid D and also I take a liquid multi vit almost daily.

I was talking the SAMe- love it- I should get back on it. For sure after the surgery.

• Hi Julie,
    Sometimes waiting for surgery is the hardest part. The good thing is if there is more going on in your cervical spine the surgeon can take care of it all while he/she is in there. Hang in there time will pass soon enough. The good thing about having surgery closer to spring is you need to walk lots and thus can avoid more of the colder weather. Keep us posted as to what they say about the new mri's. Take care.